Fixing Missing Launch/Complete Button on IT Access Request Forms
This article covers the steps to fix an issue in which users open a form in My Workplace (FileNet) and are unable to launch the form or see the button to Launch or Complete the form in Internet Explorer. This includes the IT Access Request Forms used to request access to PeopleSoft.
1. First, try changing your compatibility view settings for Internet Explorer.
Changing your compatibility view settings is often the solution for this issue, especially if you are using a personal computer/laptop.
2. Did Step 1 not work? If you are using a campus computer/laptop, exit Internet Explorer if you have it open.
Using a personal computer or laptop? You'll need to contact the IT Help Desk at email@example.com or 657-278-7777 for additional assistance.
3. Click either the Start menu icon or the Search icon in the taskbar at the bottom left of the screen.
You must have administrator rights to your computer to follow these instructions. If you find you are not able to follow them, please reach out to the IT group within your department/college/division for assistance. You can also reach out to the IT Help Desk for assistance.
- Click the Start menu icon.
- Or click on the Search icon if you see it.
4. In the search field, type Run. Select Run from the Programs category when it appears.
- Type run to start the search.
- Select the Run app from the list of search results.
5. In the Open field, type gpedit.msc and then click OK.
- Type gpedit.msc in the open field.
- Then click OK.
Unable to follow these steps on your computer? You may need to contact your local department IT technician to assist you. If you are unsure as to who that is, you can reach out to the IT Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. The Local Group Policy Editor window opens. Navigate to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Internet Explorer > Compatibility View.
- Click on Computer Configuration.
- Click on Administrative Templates.
- Click on Windows Components.
- Click on Internet Explorer.
- Click on Compatibility View.
7. In the pane on the right, double click on Use Policy List of Internet Explorer 7 sites.
8. First, ensure the radio button is set to Enabled.
9. Then, click on Show next to List of sites.
10. Type erpaeprd.fullerton.edu in the Value section and then click OK.
- Type erpaeprd.fullerton.edu in the Value section.
- Then click OK.
11. Then click OK again to exit the Local Group Policy Editor. You're done!
You can now open Internet Explorer and try to access the form again.
You may want to clear your browser's history or restart your computer if you continue to have issues.