Creating a New Titan Direct Access Student Account/Bookshelf
This guide shows students how to create a new account/bookshelf at Vital Source in order to access their Titan Direct Access course materials ordered for their course(s).
INFO: Currently the Titan Direct Access Program is a new pilot program. Not all course materials will be listed in Titan Direct Access.
1. Log into the CSUF Portal.
Go to www.fullerton.edu and click on Students.
2. Enter your CSUF username and password. Then click Login.
- Enter your CSUF username and password.
- Click Login.
3. Under My Courses, click view ebook.
In your My Courses window click a view ebook... hyperlink to begin the setup of your VitalSource Bookshelf account.
4. View the registration instructions and then click Continue.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page, then click Continue.
5. Enter your CSUF email address (i.e. email@example.com), then click Continue.
Enter your CSUF email address and Titan Direct Access will check to see if you have an existing account. If you do not, you will be presented with instructions to set up a new account.
- Type your CSUF email address: i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click Continue.
WARNING: It is recommended that you only type your email@example.com email address to create your Fullerton Bookshelf account for your Titan Digital Access course materials.
** DO NOT click No thanks, I'll skip this step. If you skip this step, you will not be able to view your ebooks on your Bookshelf.
1. If VitalSource indicates you do not have an existing account, create a new account.
If no VitalSource account is found for your email address, you will be asked to input information to create a new Bookshelf account for your CSUF course material.
- Enter your name the same way that it appears in Titanium to avoid issues using your Titan Direct Access ebooks with Titanium.
- Type your name: (First Name) (Last Name)
- Click the drop-down menu to select your security question.
- Enter the answer for your security question.
- Create a secure Bookshelf password (i.e. must contain at least 8 characters, an upper case letter, a lowercase letter, and a special character).
- Click Finish.
INFO: As long as your are an enrolled CSUF student, use your firstname.lastname@example.org email to create your CSUF Bookshelf account.
2. It will take a few moments while VitalSource creates your Bookshelf account.
After a few minutes, your account will be created. Skip to Step 6.
1. If VitalSource confirms you already have a Bookshelf account with your @csu.fullerton.edu address, enter your Bookshelf account password, then click Continue.
If a VitalSource Bookshelf account is found for your email address, enter your VitalSource Bookshelf password.
- Type your VitalSource Bookshelf password.
- Click Continue.
- Click Accept
6. You can now view and access the ebook(s) listed in your CSUF Bookshelf account.
Once you have setup your Bookshelf account through your Portal, your Titan Direct Access course material will be imported in your VitalSource Bookshelf.
Congratulations! You're done.
INFO: Click each eBook (i.e. view ebook...) hyperlink in your Portal > My Courses to add your other campus eBook(s) into your VitalSource Bookshelf account.
Need More Help?
- Titan Shops - email: email@example.com or call (657)278-4998. Contact Titan Shops to order/purchase Titan Direct Access ebooks.
- Student IT HelpDesk - email: StudentITHelpDesk@fullerton.edu or call (657)278-8888. Contact the Student IT HelpDesk for all other technical issues with your Portal or Titanium account.
VitalSource - http://support.vitalsource.com - VitalSource support information
- https://myaccount.vitalsource.com - Access Bookshelf account through VitalSource
Created by DBH