Faculty/Staff: Converting Your Existing Non-CSUF (Gmail, Yahoo, Etc) Dropbox
If you have an existing Dropbox account connected to a non-CSUF email account (such as @gmail.com or @yahoo.com), you can link it to a new CSUF Dropbox for Business account by following the steps below.
1. Open your internet browser to http://www.fullerton.edu/it/dropbox.
Open your internet browser to http://www.fullerton.edu/it/dropbox.
2. Under Faculty & Staff Accounts, click Get Started.
3. In the video walkthrough, select I have a Dropbox account and then select My Dropbox is tied to a different email account (i.e. gmail, yahoo, etc).
4. Finish watching the video walkthrough and then select I’m Ready! Take me to the CSUF Dropbox Registration Page!
6. IMPORTANT: Be sure to read all of the information on the page with regards to the usage and best practices for Dropbox. After reading this information, place a checkmark next to I have read and understand CSUF’s guidelines for use of Dropbox. Then click Continue.
7. You will see a confirmation screen letting you know that an invitation email has been sent to your campus email account. Go check your campus email inbox!
8. You will see an email from CSU Fullerton via Dropbox (email@example.com) with the subject CSU Fullerton invited you to Dropbox for Business. Open it and click on the Join the CSU Fullerton team button.
10. You will see your account information populated; please do not change any of this information. Place a checkmark next to I agree to the Dropbox Terms. Then click Create CSU Fullerton Dropbox.
12. You can now click Sign In to connect your existing personal Dropbox to your new CSUF Dropbox for Business.
14. You’re done! Click Get Started to jump into your account!
15. You’re now at your main Dropbox screen! By default you are taken to your personal Dropbox account, but you can click on the CSU Fullerton link at the top left to switch to your CSUF Dropbox for Business account.
NOTE: You can move files and folders from your Personal Dropbox to your Dropbox for Business through the web interface or by installing the Dropbox desktop app.