Interpreting the Titan Degree Audit
This article covers how faculty, staff, and students can interpret the sections of the Titan Degree Audit (TDA).
Overview of TDA components
The Report Heading shows important information such as major, degree catalog year, and anticipated graduation date.
Interactive graph and pie chart
These charts and graphs are a visual representation of a student's progress in General Education (GE) requirements.
NOTE: at this time, the TDA graphs do not include major requirements.
TDA - Total Unit Requirement charts
GE Categories bar graphs
The bar graph displays the General Education categories and the progress towards completion of each category. Green indicates units completed; pink represents unfulfilled units. The GPA bar graph shows the GPA associated with each GE category.
If you hover your mouse over a section of the GE category, the exact number represented in the graph will display.
Click on a section of the GE category to drill down into that category.
Drill down into categories to view more detail.
When you click on a category, the charts will display unit and GPA information relevant to that level only. Below the graphs, the body of the audit provides more detailed information on the coursework completed in each of the categories displayed on the charts.
You are able to drill down several levels in some categories.
Click the Audit link to go back to the main audit.
Course History graph and table
Click on the Course History tab to view a graph and table of courses taken.
Course History bar graph
The Course History bar graph shows the number of units that were completed in each semester along with a line indicating the GPA for each semester.
If you hover your mouse over the bar graph, the exact number represented in the graph will display.
If you click on a semester, the Course History table below the graph will filter to show just that one semester's courses.
Course History table
The Course History table will list all courses that have been completed toward a degree as well as in-progress courses. You may filter these results by grade or by semester.
Titan Degree Audit: Overview and General Education Requirements
Final Evaluation, Degree Checkout, Contacts, and Legend
- If there are unfulfilled requirements, you will see a notation at the top of the body of the TDA.
- Final Evaluation will show the status of the evaluation of transfer coursework (if applicable). This section will also show the student's Degree Checkout Status when applicable.
- Contact information for the Admissions & Records Evaluations Unit is listed if you find any errors on the TDA.
- The Legend shows the symbols that are used throughout the TDA.
General Education Program
This section consists of the General Education requirements, starting with the Core Competencies. There are symbols next to each requirement indicating whether the requirement has been met (green checkmark) or not (red x). When a requirement has been met, the course that met the requirement is listed along with the grade received. Where the requirement has not been met, a list of eligible courses appears.
Click on an eligible course to learn more about it.
NOTE: if a transfer course met a GE requirement, the transfer school will show along with the course title. For articulated classes, the CSUF course title will show.
View eligible course details
Titan Degree Audit: Major Requirements
The list of major requirements varies per program. Most include the following course types:
- Required Concentration Courses
- Concentration Electives
GPA and Core Requirements
GPA of Attempted Major Courses
Upper Division Writing Requirement
Summary of Units
The Summary of Units section provides overall information on unit and GPA requirements.
- Unit Requirements indicates units earned at CSUF, CSUF GPA, upper division units earned, residence upper division units earned, and major residence upper division units earned.
- Transfer Institution Totals indicates units earned and GPA from all of your transfer institutions (if applicable).
Cumulative Units, Cumulative GPA, and Coursework
- Cumulative Number of Units indicates the most current total number of units earned that are applicable to the undergraduate degree.
- Cumulative GPA indicates the most current GPA for all attempted units applicable to the undergraduate degree.
- Coursework provides a historical listing of courses completed at other institutions and all courses enrolled in and/or completed at CSUF by semester.
NOTE: Transfer courses that are applicable to the undergraduate degree are indicated by TRSFR and a four digit number.
Need More Help?
- For misplaced or unevaluated GE courses, contact the Academic Advising Center in UH-123 at 657-278-3606.
- For misplaced or unevaluated major courses, contact the major department and the major department advisor can send a Titan Degree Audit exception if necessary.
- For missing transfer coursework or other issues/questions, contact the TItan Degree Audit office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Visit the TDA website: http://www.fullerton.edu/admissions/currentstudent/DegreeAudit.asp
- Technical issues with the TDA or accessing it? Contact the Student IT Help Desk at StudentITHelpDesk@fullerton.edu or 657-278-8888.
Faculty and Staff
- To communicate to the TDA office the need for modifications to a TDA, please submit a Titan Degree Audit Exception Form. Modifications may include course waivers, substitutions, equivalencies, and/or advisor-approved courses.
- If you are unable to access the Titan Degree Audit Exception Form or have any additional questions, please email email@example.com.
- Technical issues with the TDA or accessing it? Contact the IT Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 657-278-7777.
Please note that major requirements are based on the student's degree catalog year.