Running the Faculty Additional Employment Payroll Report
This article covers how authorized users in a department can use the Temp Faculty module to run the Faculty Additional Employment (FAE) Payroll Report.
All contracts should be approved by the college approver before running this report
Each college may handle this process differently. In some colleges, the college approver is responsible for running this report; in other colleges, the department coordinator is responsible for running it. Be sure to check with your college approver to find out what your college's business processes are.
1. Log in to PeopleSoft/CMS Human Resources.
2. Mark each appointment as Ready To Print (if not already done)
Prior to running the FAE Payroll Report, you'll want to make sure that the Ready to Print box is checked on all of the appointments. This is so a PDF of the contract is generated in a timely manner.
View instructions for Review the Appointment & Check Ready to Print Box for more on checking the ready to print box.
3. Run the FAE Payroll Report
1. Navigate to Main Menu > CSU Temp Faculty > FUL Faculty Addl Employment > FUL FUL FAE Reports > Fac Addl Emplymnt Pay Rpt.
2. First time users should click Add a New Value to create a Run Control ID. Returning users should click Search to find the Run Control ID they have already created.
- First time users should click on Add a New Value and follow the instructions below to create a Run Control ID.
- Returning users who have already created a Run Control ID for the FAE Payroll Report should click Search.
- Returning users can then select the Run Control ID that they already created.
1. Click Add a New Value.
2. Enter FAE_Payroll_Report as the name for your Run Control ID. Then click Add.
A Run Control ID is like a template for a report. It identifies the specific run control settings for a particular report or process. You must create one in order to run a report or process in PeopleSoft, but you only need to create the Run Control ID once per process/report. Once you have created a Run Control ID, you can simply re-use it each time you want to run that report/process.
Blank spaces are not allowed in the name of the Run Control ID.
Enter FAE_Payroll_Report as the name for your Run Control ID. Then click Add.
3. Enter the Appointment Begin Date Range, Report Type, and Dept ID. Then click Run.
If you are running an updated FAE Payroll Report for one or more faculty appointments, you can choose the Report by Employee Report Type and enter the Empl ID of the employee(s) whose appointment was updated.
- Enter the Appointment Begin Date Range. This is the range of Contract Begin Dates (the first day of the pay period during which the faculty will begin work) that you want to include on the report.
- Select Report By Department as the Report Type.
- Select the Department ID you want to include on the report.
- Double check that the Count (number of appointments to be included on the report) is correct. If not, you will need to check that the appointments were approved by the college approver and marked as ready to print.
- To add another department ID to the report, click the plus sign icon to add another row and then enter the additional department ID. There will be a page break in between each department on the report.
- Then click Run.
4. Select the Type as Web and the Format as PDF. Then click OK.
- Select Web as the Type and PDF as the Format.
- Then click OK.
5. Now click on Report Manager.
The Process Instance number lets you know that your report was successfully submitted.
Click on Report Manager.
6. Click Refresh to update the status of the report until the Status field says Posted and the hyperlink is generated. Then click on the report name to open it.
- You may need to click Refresh to update the status of your report until it is listed as Posted and the hyperlink to the report is generated.
- Click on the report name hyperlink to open the report.
7. The report opens in a new window/tab. Print the report, obtain the appropriate signature(s), and submit it to Payroll.
You can use the Adobe menu options to print or download the PDF.
Print a copy of the PDF, obtain the required signature(s), and then submit the report to Payroll.
Once Payroll has received and processed the appointment, the faculty contract/appointment must be retrieved from My Workplace in Titan Online.
Need More Help?
For more information on the Faculty Additional Employment processes and whom to contact with questions about the processes, visit the Employment Services Faculty Salaries webpage.
For training and how-to assistance, contact IT Training at 657-278-5647 or email@example.com.
For technical assistance, contact the IT Help Desk at 657-278-7777 or firstname.lastname@example.org.