Creating a Faculty Additional Employment Appointment
This article covers how authorized users in a department can use the Temp Faculty module to create a Faculty Additional Employment appointment.
At this time, R03 employees whose aggregated FTE is 1.0 are eligible to receive faculty additional employment through this process.
Faculty Additional Employment Request Form
Prior to following these steps, a Faculty Additional Employment Request (FAER) Form must be completed and approved. For more information on this form and process, visit the HRDI Employment Services Faculty Salaries webpage.
Most of the fields that need to be completed to create the Faculty Additional Employment appointment can be found on the Faculty Additional Employment Request Form. It is highly recommended that you have the completed/approved request form for each faculty on hand to refer to during this process.
Navigating to Faculty Additional Employment
1. Log in to PeopleSoft/CMS Human Resources.
2. Navigate to Main Menu > CSU Temp Faculty > FUL Faculty Addl Employment > FUL FAE - Processes > Fac Addl Emplymnt - Appt.
Create a New Faculty Additional Employment Appointment
1. Click Add a New Value.
2. Enter the Empl ID (CWID) of the faculty member. Select a Contract Begin Date, the Position Number, Contract Type, and Letter Code. Then click Add.
You can use the magnifying glass icon to look up a faculty's CWID by their name.
|Empl ID||Employee ID; the campus-wide ID (CWID) of the faculty|
|Contract Begin Date
||The first day of the pay period during which the faculty will begin work.
|CSU Contract Number||The contract number assigned to this appointment for this faculty member; this number will be generated by the system when you create the appointment.|
|Position Number||This field should contain the 2403 job code position number for the department that is employing the faculty as part of this appointment.
|Contract Type||This field identifies the type of contract based on when the work is taking place.
|Letter Code||This field determines the language that will be printed on the appointment letter. Values include:
3. Enter the Category and Description of Work.
You can also modify the appointment Type or Letter Code if necessary
|Category||This field should contain the category of the work the faculty will be doing as part of this appointment. This should be the same category used on the Faculty Additional Employment Request Form.|
|Description of Work||This field should contain a more detailed description of the work the faculty will be doing as part of this appointment. You can enter up to 1000 characters in this field.|
4. Enter the Assignment Compensation rate and then press the Tab key.
Once you enter the Assignment Compensation rate, press the Tab key. This will populate the other fields in this section including # of months, End Date, Monthly FTE, and Decimal.
|Assignment Compensation||This is the total compensation that the faculty will receive for the work done as a part of this appointment.|
5. Review the New Position # to ensure it is correct. If necessary, click on the magnifying glass icon to select a different position number.
Details about the New Position # that you entered for the faculty will populate in this section. Review them to ensure that the information is correct.
If necessary, use the magnifying glass icon to look up available positions and select a different one for this faculty.
If the New Position # does not display for the department you are appointing the faculty in, you will need to complete a Position Action Form which is available on the HRDI Forms webpage under Position Management.
6. If you need to revise the Budget Chart Fields, place a checkmark under Override and then click on the magnifying glass icon to look up available chartfield string combination codes.
You may only use account code 601807 for FAE appointments.
- To change the budget chart fields, place a checkmark under Override. Then click on the magnifying glass icon to look up available chartfield string combination codes.
- Use the plus icon at the end of the row to add a new row. This allows you to split the cost of the faculty's appointment between different chartfield strings (e.g., if multiple funding sources are being used to fund the faculty's appointment).
|Budget Chart Fields||This is the chartfield string that will be charged the assignment compensation amount for this appointment.|
6.1. When using the magnifying glass icon to look up a combination code, use the filters at the top to narrow down your results. Then select the combination code that you want to use for this appointment.
If you cannot find the chartfield string/combination code that you want to use, contact your Division Budget Manager.
Notice that you can select combination codes that include program codes and/or class codes.
Use the filters at the top of the screen to narrow down your search results. For example, you may want to enter 601807 as the account code as that is the only one that can be used for FAE appointments.
Then select a combination code that represents the chartfield string that you want to use for this appointment.
6.2. If you change the Budget Chart Fields/combination code, you will need to fill out the Reason for department ID changes, the name of a contact person for questions about the change, and the contact phone number for that person.
7. Review the appointment. Click Save when you are ready to save your changes.
Some colleges have the processor check the Ready to Print box at the top of the contract screen prior to notifying the college approver that the appointment is ready to approve.
Keep in mind that if you check the Ready to Print box and changes are made to the contract, you may end up with multiple contract PDFs for the faculty for this same contract. You will need to be careful to retrieve the updated contract PDF and not the outdated one.
You will see a message at the top right of the screen when the appointment has been saved.
8. Once you have finished entering all of the Faculty Additional Employment appointments, contact your College or Program Head Approver to let them know you have Faculty Additional Employment appointments to be reviewed and approved.
Each college may handle this part of the process differently. Contact your College or Program Head Approver to inquire how they want you to notify them of appointments that need their approval.
The authorized college/unit approver must approve the Faculty Additional Employment appointment.
Need More Help?
For more information on the Faculty Additional Employment processes and whom to contact with questions about the processes, visit the Employment Services Faculty Salaries webpage.
For training and how-to assistance, contact IT Training at 657-278-5647 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For technical assistance, contact the IT Help Desk at 657-278-7777 or email@example.com.