Sending Emails to Your Students
This article covers how faculty can send an email to students in their class(es) using Titan Online.
1. Access the class roster for the class in your Faculty Center.
2. Click Notify All Students. Or place a checkmark next to each of the students you want to email and then select Notify Selected Students.
- Click Notify All Students to send an email to all students in the class.
- Or place a checkmark next to each of the students you want to email.
- Then select Notify Selected Students.
Send an email without attachments
You can send an email directly to a student or students using the Faculty Center; however, you cannot add any attachments to this email.
1. Email addresses for the students will appear in the BCC field. Fill out the Subject and Message text for your email and then click Send Notification
- Your email address will be populated in the To field so you will receive a copy of the sent email.
- The email address(es) of the selected students will appear in the BCC field. This prevents the students from seeing each others' email addresses.
- Enter a subject and message text for your email.
- Then click Send Notification.
Send an email with attachments
If you want to send an email to a student or students with one or more attachments, you will need to send the email using Microsoft Outlook (either the desktop application or Outlook on the Web). These instructions show you how to copy the students' email addresses from the class roster and then send the email using Outlook.
1. Highlight the student email addresses in the BCC field. Then either right-click and choose Copy or press Ctrl + C on your keyboard (for Mac, press Command + C) to copy the email addresses.
- Highlight all of the student email addresses in the BCC field.
- Right-click (or Command + click on a Mac) and choose Copy. Or choose Ctrl + C on your keyboard (Command + C on a Mac).
2. Open a new blank email in Microsoft Outlook or Outlook on the Web. Paste the student email addresses into the BCC field. Add a subject, message text, and any attachments. Then click Send.
- You may want to add your email address to the To field so you receive a copy of the sent email.
- Paste the student email addresses into the BCC field by either right-clicking (or Command + click on a Mac) and choosing Paste or by pressing Ctrl + P (or Command + P).
- Add any attachments and compose the subject and message text for your email.
- Then click Send.
Need More Help?
Contact the IT Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 657-278-7777 for additional assistance.