Degree Progress Detail Report
This article covers how to run and interpret the Degree Progress Detail report on the Degree Progress dashboard.
This user guide assumes basic knowledge of Data Warehouse. View the Data Warehouse Basics guides for more information.
What does this report show?
The Degree Progress Detail Report allows you to search for a specific student and view their progress towards degree completion.
- The Business Intelligence dashboard Degree Progress Analysis tool can be used to determine a broad number or ‘population’ that have fulfilled or unfulfilled a specific requirement based on the search criteria determined by the User.
- The units fulfilled and unfulfilled are an estimate based on search filters pulled from an audit batch process at the beginning and end of a semester and correlate to the Dashboard ‘audit’.
- The Business Intelligence dashboard Degree Progress Analysis tool is not used for official Grad Check and is not directly connected to the official ‘Titan Degree Audit’.
- Advisors are recommended in running a TDA in u.achieve for up to date requirement information if needed on reviewing a specific student.
Estimated Units Needed is the approximate number of units a student must take, to satisfy all degree requirements for the student’s declared degree program. If the student takes a course or courses that can satisfy multiple requirements, then the student can potentially complete all degree requirements with fewer units than the Estimated Units Needed. The formula used for calculating the Estimated Units Needed works for majority of the degree programs. However, there are unique/complex situations where the Estimated Units Needed calculation requires special handling or supplemental rules to be able to provide a sound estimate. The degree programs needing special handling have been identified. There may be ‘special case’ degree programs though that haven’t been recognized yet, as the list of degree requirements/sub-requirements is enormous, which can be modified at any given point in time. If it is observed that the Estimated Units Needed is not accurate, please report the issue to IT Help Desk at email@example.com or 657-278-7777.
Accessing the Report
1. Log in to the CSUF Data Warehouse (OBIEE).
2. Click on Dashboards and select Degree Progress.
- Click on the Dashboards menu in the CSUF Data Warehouse.
- Select Degree Progress.
3. Click the Degree Progress Detail tab on the Degree Progress dashboard.
1. Type the Student ID/CWID of the student you want to view. Then click Apply.
Reading the Tables
Student Degree Progress Summary Table
|Degree Program||Academic Program in a specific discipline
|Audit Run Date||Run date of the audit used to extract degree progress data
|Estimated Units Needed||The total number of estimated units still needed to complete degree program
|Degree Program Status||Completion status of Degree Program
|Grad Check Stat||Degree Checkout Status
|Default||Ignore (internal code)
Student Degree Progress Detail Table
||Degree Program Requirement Title
||Completion status of a Degree Program Requirement
||Minimum GPA required, if applicable.
|Units Completed (Req)
||The total number of units completed for a specific degree program requirement.
|Units Required (Req)
||The total number of units required to complete a specific degree program requirement (completed + estimated units needed).
|Units Needed to Complete(Req)
||The remaining number of units the student needs to complete to satisfy a specific degree program requirement.
|Sub Requirement Title
||Degree Program Sub-Requirement Title
|Sub Requirement Status
||Completion status of a Degree Program Sub-requirement
|Units Completed (SubReq)
||The total number of units completed for a specific degree program sub-requirement.
|Units Required (SubReq)
||The total number of units required to complete a specific degree program sub-requirement (completed + estimated units needed).
|Units Needed to Complete(SubReq)
||The remaining number of units the student needs to complete to satisfy a specific degree program sub-requirement.
||List of courses that the student can take to fulfill the sub-requirement.
|Course Year Term Taken
||The term & year when class was taken by the student.
||List of courses that the student has taken to satisfy the requirement/sub-requirement.
||Course title for each course taken
|Course Grade Earned
||Grade earned for each course taken
||Attempted/Enrolled units for each course taken