Overview of User Login Change & Microsoft Duo Authentication
This article contains an overview over the User Login Change and Microsoft Duo Authentication change for faculty, staff, emeritus, and administrative accounts happening in 2020-2021.
Please note that some groups had the User Login Change and the Microsoft Duo Authentication change applied to their accounts separately. This guide is for users who had both changes applied at the same time. Please check the email you received from IT Communications to see which change(s) are being applied to your account or contact the IT Help Desk at [email protected] or 657-278-7777.
What is happening?
There are two components to this change:
- There are some apps that use an [username]@ad.fullerton.edu login for CSUF faculty and staff. This login is being updated to [username]@fullerton.edu for all CSUF faculty and staff.
- To improve the security of your Outlook email and Office apps, you will now be prompted to authenticate with Duo two-factor authentication (2FA) when logging into Office apps and apps that use Microsoft authentication.
When is this happening?
This update is happening in phases. You will receive an email from IT Communications with the specific date/time that your account is being updated. If you are not sure when you are being updated, please contact the IT Help Desk at [email protected] or 657-278-7777.
Which apps are affected?
Below is a partial list of affected apps:
- Microsoft Outlook desktop app on PC and Mac
- Outlook mobile app on Apple iOS/iPad OS and Android
- Microsoft Office apps (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Microsoft OneNote
- Microsoft Teams
- Skype for Business
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Web-based apps, including Office apps online, Adobe.com, Adobe Sign, and Smartsheet
- Mail app on Apple iOS/iPad OS (discontinued)
- Gmail app on Android (discontinued)
What do I need to do?
Please note that you cannot update your apps until AFTER the change has been made to your account. Please contact the IT Help Desk at [email protected] or 657-278-7777 if you have any questions about when the change is happening for your account.
1. When you open a Microsoft app (e.g., Outlook, Word, etc.), a CSUF Faculty/Staff Authentication page should appear. Change your email address to [username]@fullerton.edu.
2. Enter your campus password. Then click Sign In.
- Enter your campus password.
- Then click Sign In.
3. Click Send Me a Push to authenticate with the Duo Mobile app.
Don't have Duo Mobile app? View instructions on how to set up the Duo Mobile app.
4. Tap Approve on your mobile device to approve the login. You're done!
Didn't get a prompt or having issues? Click on an app to find out more about how to update your login for each app:
Please note that the Mail app on iOS/iPad OS is no longer supported. Please remove your CSUF account from the Mail app and switch to the Outlook app.
Please note that the Gmail app on Android is no longer supported. Please remove your CSUF account from the Gmail app and switch to the Outlook app.
Need More Help?
Contact the IT Help Desk at [email protected] or 657-278-7777.