MATLAB: Download & Installation for Mac (Students)
This article covers how CSUF students can download, install and activate Matlab.
1. Open your browser to the MATLAB Software Page and click "Login to MathWorks"
a. Go to the MATLAB Software Page
b. Click on "Login to MathWorks"
2. Login using your Portal Username & Password
a. Type your Campus Portal username: (i.e. TuffyTheTitan)
b. Type your Campus Password
3. The page redirects to the MathWorks website. Click on “Create” to create a MathWorks account
Alert: Once you create an account you will be asked to sign in
1. Enter your MathWorks credentials and click on "Sign In"
2. Click on the download button for the current version of MatLab
Note: It may be a newer version than what is displayed here
3. Select the operating system that the software will be installed on. For this guide, click on macOS (Mac)
Warning: The file download time may vary based on the device and internet connection.
1. Locate and open the installation file you downloaded, and double-click on "InstallForMacOSX"
2. Click Open
3. Login to your Mac Profile, then click OK
4. Log in to your MathWorks Account, then click Next
5. Select "Yes", then click Next
6. Confirm the license is set to 898604, then click Next
7. Confirm your user information, then click Next
8. Optional: Select the destination folder, then click Next
9. Optional: Select additional MatLab tools to install, then click Next
10. Optional: Select if you would like to send information to MathWorks, then click Next
11. Confirm the details are correct, then click "Begin Install"
12. Allow the program to download and install
MatLab is now Installed & Activated
- Open the Launchpad app (Looks like a rocket in a circle)
- Find the "MatLab" Icon (It may be on the second page)
- MatLab will be located here unless it is moved
LinkedIn Learning is available to all currently enrolled CSUF Students
- Contains over 13,000 courses taught by real-world experts and a library that is constantly up-to-date
- On the Student Portal, search for "Linkedin Learning" to get started
Contact the Student IT Help Desk at (657) 278-8888 or [email protected]
Visit the Student Genius Center on the first floor of the Pollak Library North. Go to the SGC website for walk-in hours: http://sts.fullerton.edu/sgc.
The Student IT Help Desk and Student Genius Center can assist with:
- Issues with obtaining the License Code
- Issues with installing MatLab
- Issues with activating MatLab