Updating Your NVivo License
This article covers how faculty, staff, and students can update their NVivo license.
For more information about NVivo, visit the CSUF NVivo website.
You'll need to have an active NVivo account in order to update the licensing. View Requesting and Activating an NVivo Account for more details.
1. You'll receive an email from Team NVivo when your NVivo license has been updated.
If you do not have the NVivo app installed, you'll need to install it before you can activate the new license. There are links to download the NVivo app for Windows and Mac in the email.
2. Open the NVivo app.
3. Click Log into myNVivo.
4. The QSR International login page will open in a web browser. Enter your CSUF email address. Then click Next.
Faculty/staff should enter their @fullerton.edu email address; students should enter their @csu.fullerton.edu email address.
5. Enter your NVivo password and then click Next.
Remember that your NVivo password is different from your CSUF portal password. Click Forgot password? if you don't remember your NVivo password.
- Enter your NVivo password. This is the password you chose when you set up your NVivo profile.
- Click Next.
- Click Forgot password? to reset your NVivo password.
6. You'll see a message in your web browser when the sign in is successful. Return to the NVivo app.
7. Click on California State University Fullerton.
If you see two entries for California State University Fullerton, you may need to try both to see which one activates your license.