Enrolling your Mac Laptop in Jamf MDM
Jamf is the Mobile Device Management (MDM) system that the campus uses to manage rollout laptops and mobile devices. It enables CSUF IT to manage device inventory, deploy updates, and enforce critical security measures to help keep your systems safe and up to date. This article will show how to install Jamf onto your Mac computer.
Spring 2022: Mac users that do not have Jamf installed must bring their device to the Academic Technology Center (PLS-237) by May 27, 2022.
1. Open the Safari web browser and navigate to the CSUF Jamf enrollment page. Then, select macOS.
Go to the CSUF Jamf enrollment page and select macOS to begin the process of adding Jamf to your computer.
2. Enter your campus username and password. Then, click Log in.
3. If prompted, select Information Technology from the drop-down menu.
Depending on your OS version, you might not see this step.
4. Click Enroll.
5. Click Continue.
6. Click Allow.
7. Click the Apple icon to open the Apple menu. Then select System Preferences.
8. Click Profiles.
9. Click Install.
10. Click on Install again.
11. Enter the admin credentials that you use to log into your Mac. Then, click Enroll.
Your admin credentials may be different from your campus username and password if you are using an older laptop.
12. Click back into your Safari window to verify that enrollment is complete.
Need More Help?
Contact the IT Help Desk at [email protected] or 657-278-7777.