Setting Up Your Clearspan Engage WebEx Client on PC
This article covers how to set up your Clearspan Engage WebEx softphone in order to make/receive phone calls for your campus extension on a Windows PC computer.
Before You Get Started
Before you can use Clearspan Engage, you will need to do the following:
We are currently transitioning from Clearspan Communicator to Clearspan Engage WebEx. If you fill out the Clearspan Communicator request form, you will get a Clearspan Engage WebEx softphone.
If you already submitted a request for a Clearspan Communicator softphone, you do not need to submit a request again.
Downloading and Installing Clearspan Engage WebEx Client
1. Open a web browser to the WebEx downloads website.
2. Click on the appropriate Windows download link for your laptop/computer.
Most campus-issued rollout laptops are 64-bit Windows.
3. Go to your downloads folder and double click on the Webex installer file to start the installation.
4. The installation wizard starts. Click Next.
5. It may take a few minutes for the installation to finish. Once it is complete, click Finish.
Logging In to Clearspan Engage WebEx Client
1. Open the Webex app on your computer.
- Click on the Start menu.
- Search for webex.
- Then click on the Webex app.
2. Scroll down to read the end user license agreement. Then click Agree.
3. Enter your Clearspan email address and then click Next.
This email address is different from your campus email address!
Don't remember your Clearspan email address or password? Contact the IT Help Desk at [email protected] or 657-278-7777.
- Enter your Clearspan email address: [your 10 digit campus phone number]@fullerton.edu (e.g., [email protected])
- Then click Next.
4. Enter your Clearspan password. Then click Submit.
This password is different from your campus portal password!
- Enter your Clearspan password. Your Clearspan password was provided by Telecom when you requested access to Clearspan Engage.
- Click Submit.
5. If you see a Windows Defender Firewall message, check all of the network options and then click Allow access.
- Be sure to check all of the network options. This will allow you to use Clearspan Engage no matter what type of internet connection you use on your laptop.
- Then click Allow access.