Setting Up Your Clearspan Engage WebEx Client on Apple iPhone
This article covers how to set up your Clearspan Engage WebEx softphone in order to make/receive phone calls for your campus extension on an Apple iPhone.
Before You Get Started
Before you can use Clearspan Engage, you will need to do the following:
We are currently transitioning from Clearspan Communicator to Clearspan Engage WebEx. If you fill out the Clearspan Communicator request form, you will get a Clearspan Engage WebEx softphone.
If you already submitted a request for a Clearspan Communicator softphone, you do not need to submit a request again.
1. Go to the Apple App store and download the Webex app.
2. Open the Webex app.
3. Tap Get Started.
4. Enter your Clearspan email address and then click Next.
This email address is different from your campus email address!
Don't remember your Clearspan email address or password? Contact the IT Help Desk at [email protected] or 657-278-7777.
- Enter your Clearspan email address: [your 10 digit campus phone number]@fullerton.edu (e.g., [email protected])
- Then click Next.
5. Enter your Clearspan password. Then click Submit.
This password is different from your campus portal password!
- Enter your Clearspan password. Your Clearspan password was provided by Telecom when you requested access to Clearspan Engage.
- Click Submit.
6. A series of pop-ups will appear asking to allow WebEx to access various features such as the microphone, notifications, and your contacts. Tap OK to allow them.
7. You will also see a notification about emergency calling. Please review it and then tap OK.
8. Choose your location services preference.
It's recommended that you choose Allow While Using App to aid with locating you if you make an emergency call. However, please note that you should always give your location to emergency operators if making an emergency call using Clearspan Engage.