Setting Up Your Clearspan Engage WebEx Client on Android Smartphone
This article covers how to set up your Clearspan Engage WebEx softphone in order to make/receive phone calls for your campus extension on an Android smartphone.
Before You Get Started
Before you can use Clearspan Engage, you will need to do the following:
We are currently transitioning from Clearspan Communicator to Clearspan Engage WebEx. If you fill out the Clearspan Communicator request form, you will get a Clearspan Engage WebEx softphone.
If you already submitted a request for a Clearspan Communicator softphone, you do not need to submit a request again.
1. Go to the Google Play store and install the Webex app.
You may also see the WebEx Meetings app on the Google Play store. Be sure you download the WebEx app.
2. Open the Webex app.
3. Tap Get Started.
4. Enter your Clearspan email address and then click Next.
This email address is different from your campus email address!
Don't remember your Clearspan email address or password? Contact the IT Help Desk at [email protected] or 657-278-7777.
- Enter your Clearspan email address: [your 10 digit campus phone number]@fullerton.edu (e.g., [email protected])
- Then click Next.
5. Enter your Clearspan password. Then click Submit.
This password is different from your campus portal password!
- Enter your Clearspan password. Your Clearspan password was provided by Telecom when you requested access to Clearspan Engage.
- Click Submit.
6. A series of pop-ups will appear asking to allow WebEx to access various features such as the microphone, notifications, and your contacts. Tap OK to allow them.
7. You will see a notification about emergency calling. Please review it and then tap OK.
8. You will then see a message about location permissions for emergency calling. Please review it and tap OK.
9. Choose your location services preference.
It's recommended that you choose While using the app to aid with locating you if you make an emergency call. However, please note that you should always give your location to emergency operators if making an emergency call using Clearspan Engage.
10. Tap Got It.
11. Tap the X to close the What's New pop-up if you see it.
12. By default, you will be taken to the Messaging tab. Use the icons at the bottom of the screen to view additional tabs and features.
13. To make a call, tap Calling.
14. Tap on the phone icon at the bottom right.
15. Tap Dialpad.
16. You may see a series of pop-ups asking you to give WebEx permission for different features. Tap Allow when it asks you for permission for WebEx to make and manage phone calls.
When it comes to recording permissions, you can decide for yourself if you want to enable those permissions. However, Clearspan Engage will not work properly if you do not allow WebEx to make and manage phone calls.