Overview of Microsoft Office 365 Duo Authentication
This article contains an overview over the Microsoft Office 365 Duo Authentication for faculty and staff happening in 2020-2021.
Please note that some groups had the User Login Change and the Microsoft Duo Authentication change applied to their accounts at the same time. This guide is for users who had the changes applied separately. Please check the email you received from IT Communications to see which change(s) are being applied to your account or contact the IT Help Desk at [email protected] or 657-278-7777.
What is happening?
To improve the security of your Outlook email and Office apps, you will now be prompted to authenticate with Duo two-factor authentication (2FA) when logging into Office apps and apps that use Microsoft authentication.
When is this happening?
This update is happening in phases. You will receive an email from IT Communications with the specific date/time that your account is being updated. If you are not sure when you are being updated, please contact the IT Help Desk at [email protected] or 657-278-7777.
Which apps are affected?
Below is a partial list of affected apps:
- Microsoft Outlook desktop app on PC and Mac
- Outlook mobile app on Apple iOS/iPad OS and Android
- Microsoft Office apps (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Microsoft OneNote
- Microsoft Teams
- Skype for Business
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Web-based apps, including Office apps online, Adobe.com, Adobe Sign, and Smartsheet
What do I need to do?
Please note that you cannot update your apps until AFTER the change has been made to your account. Please contact the IT Help Desk at [email protected] or 657-278-7777 if you have any questions about when the change is happening for your account.
1. When prompted to sign in to an app, enter your campus email address (if not already populated). Then click Next.
- Enter your campus email address. Faculty/staff should enter their @fullerton.edu email address.
- Then click Next.
2. Enter your campus password. Then click Sign In.
- Enter your campus password. This is the same password that you use to log on to the campus portal.
- Then click Sign In.
3. Click Send Me a Push to authenticate with the Duo Mobile app.
Don't have Duo Mobile app? View instructions on how to set up the Duo Mobile app.
4. Tap Approve on your mobile device to approve the login. You're done!
Didn't get a prompt or having issues? Click on an app to find out more about how to log in with Duo authentication.
Typically only the Mac version of the Skype for Business app is impacted by this change, but in some cases you may need to sign in again to the PC or Mobile app.
Need More Help?
Contact the IT Help Desk at [email protected] or 657-278-7777.