Overview of Microsoft Office 365 Duo Authentication (Students)
This article contains an overview over the Microsoft Office 365 Duo Authentication for students happening in 2021.
What is happening?
To improve the security of your Outlook email and Office apps, you will now be prompted to authenticate with Duo two-factor authentication (2FA) when logging into Office apps and apps that use Microsoft authentication.
When is this happening?
Thursday, January 14th, 2021
Which apps are affected?
Below is a partial list of affected apps:
- Microsoft Outlook web app and desktop app on PC and Mac
- Outlook mobile app on Apple iOS/iPad OS and Android
- Microsoft Office apps (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Teams)
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Web-based apps, including Office apps online, Adobe.com
What do I need to do?
Please note that you cannot update your apps until AFTER the change has been made to your account.
1. When prompted to sign in to an app, enter your campus email address (if not already populated). Then click Next.
- Enter your campus email address. Students should enter their @csu.fullerton.edu email address.
- Then click Next.
2. Enter your campus password. Then click Sign In.
- Enter your campus password. This is the same password that you use to log on to the campus portal.
- Then click Sign In.
3. Click Send Me a Push to authenticate with the Duo Mobile app.
Don't have Duo Mobile app? View instructions on how to set up the Duo Mobile app.
4. Tap Approve on your mobile device to approve the login. You're done!
Didn't get a prompt or having issues? Click on an app to find out more about how to log in with Duo authentication.
Need More Help?
Contact the Student IT Help Desk at StudentITHelpDesk@fullerton.edu or 657-278-8888.