Setting Up Gmail with Your Office 365 Email on Your Android Device
This article covers how faculty/staff can set up the Gmail app on their Android device with their campus Office 365 email.
1. Tap on the Gmail app.
2. Tap Add another email address.
NOTE: If you do not have any other accounts set up, you may need to tap Add Account.
3. Tap Exchange.
4. Enter your campus email address. Then tap Manual Setup.
- Enter your campus email address (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Tap Manual Setup.
5. Tap Exchange.
6. Enter your campus password. Then tap Next.
- Enter your campus password.
- Tap Next.
7. Enter your email@example.com and your campus password. Then enter outlook.office365.com as the server. Then tap Next.
- Enter your username as firstname.lastname@example.org (e.g. email@example.com).
- Enter your campus password (this may already be populated for you).
- Enter outlook.office365.com as the server name.
- Tap Next.
8. Tap OK when asked about enabling security features.
NOTE: You must allow these security settings to be updated in order to use your campus email on your device.
9. Select your account options and then tap Next.
Select your account options and then tap Next.
10. View the requirements and then tap Activate.
11. Modify your account name (if desired) and then tap Next.
You may modify your account name if you wish. Then tap Next.
11.1. Click Take Me to Gmail if you see this screen.
12. You're done!
Once you start seeing your emails appear in the Gmail app, you're all done!
Need More Help?
Contact the IT Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 657-278-7777.