Installing Office 2016 on your campus desktop or laptop Mac
This article covers how campus employees can install Office 2016 on their campus Mac.
If you have not yet been upgraded to OS X Yosemite, contact the IT Help Desk at x7777 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
You must be on campus with a wired connection to follow these instructions.
Don't have permission to download programs on your computer? Contact the IT Help Desk at email@example.com or 657-278-7777 for additional assistance.
1. Uninstall previous versions of Office and then restart your computer.
If you have Office 2011 on your computer, you will need to uninstall it. After uninstalling, restart your computer.
2. Click on the Go menu and select Connect to Server.
- Click Go on your desktop menu.
- Select Connect to Server....
3. Enter afp://apple.fullerton.edu in the Server Address and then click Connect.
- In the Server Address, enter afp://apple.fullerton.edu.
- Then click Connect.
4. Enter your campus username and password. Then click Connect.
- Select the Registered User radio button.
- Enter your campus username and password.
- Then click Connect.
5. Select Office 2016 (Campus Only) and click OK.
6. Double click on the ISO file in the folder.
The Office 2016 folder opens in your Finder. Double click on the SW_DVD5_Office_...MLF_X20-44037.ISO file.
7. Double click on the installer package.
Double click on Microsoft_Office_2016_Volume_Installer.pkg.
8. The installation wizard starts. Click Continue.
9. Read the Software License Agreement and then click Continue.
10. Click Agree to accept the license agreement.
11. Select a destination drive and then click Continue.
- Click on the drive where you want to install Office (usually this is your default hard drive).
- Click Continue.
12. Click Install.
13. Enter your installation password. Then click Install Software.
- Your computer will prompt you to enter your password to allow the installation. This is often the same as your campus password.
- Click Install Software.
14. Once the installation is complete, click Close.
15. Run Microsoft Update to install any updates.
- Open any Microsoft program and click on Help.
- Select Check for Updates.
15.1. Click Check for Updates.
16. Restart your computer.
It is recommended that you restart your computer before using any Microsoft programs.