Printing Documents Using Mobile Print
Mobile Print allows campus faculty and staff to print documents on the go by emailing them to the Mobile Print service and then printing them on a nearby campus Xerox multifunction copier.
This article covers how faculty and staff can use the Mobile Print service to print documents.
1. Attach the document you wish to print to an email and send the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Attach the document you want to print to a new email.
- Send the email to email@example.com.
NOTE: You must send the email from your campus email account, but you can send the email from any device including a mobile device or laptop.
2. Within a few minutes you will receive an email with your Confirmation Number.
Within a few minutes you will receive an email with your Confirmation Number. You can now go to a copier to print your document(s).
NOTE: Save your Confirmation Number! You will need to enter it to print your document(s). This is the confirmation number you will use for all future Mobile Print requests as well.
2.1. Check to see if any documents were not accepted.
- At the top of the email, the list of documents that have been accepted is shown.
- Towards the bottom of the email, the list of documents that were not accepted is listed.
- At the bottom of the email is a list of the supported document extensions.
3. Go to a nearby campus Xerox multifunction copier and press the Mobile Print button.
Go to a nearby campus Xerox multifunction copier and press the Mobile Print button.
NOTE: If you do not see the Mobile Print button, the service is not available on that copier. Please locate another copier.
3.1. If a User ID or Passcode is required to use the copier, enter the User ID.
If a User ID or Passcode is required to use the copier, enter the User ID. Do NOT enter the confirmation number in this field.
If you do not know the User ID/Passcode for the copier please contact the Responsible Party listed on the label on the copier for assistance.
4. Enter your Confirmation Number and then press Enter.
Enter your Confirmation Number and then press Enter.
NOTE: Refer to the email you received in step 2 for your Confirmation Number. You can repeat step 1 if you deleted the email.
5. Choose which document(s) to print, specify your print settings, and then press Print.
- Place a checkmark next to each document in the list of available documents that you wish to print.
- On the right you can specify print settings such as the color, 2-sided printing, or stapling.
- Press the Print button when you are ready to print.
6. Wait while your print job is submitted to the print queue for the copier.
It may take several minutes for your print job to be submitted.
7. Once your print job has been successfully submitted, press Exit.
If there are other documents in the print queue you may need to wait for other documents to print before yours prints.
Once your print job has been successfully submitted, press Exit.
Contact the IT Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 657-278-7777 for additional assistance.