What is Skype for Business Enterprise Voice?
This article contains an overview of Skype for Business Enterprise Voice which allows users to connect their Skype for Business account with their campus desk phone/extension.
NOTE: Only users who have a campus-issued mobile device are eligible for Enterprise Voice. To confirm your eligibility, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is Skype for Business Enterprise Voice and why would I use it?
Skype for Business Enterprise Voice connects your campus desk phone/extension to your Skype for Business account. This allows you to make and receive regular phone calls using your Skype for Business desktop app or mobile app (see below).
- Answer your campus extension using the Skype for Business desktop app or mobile app!
- Make on-campus phone calls for free...from anywhere in the world!
- Off-campus calls are charged as if you called the phone number from your desk phone which is useful if you are overseas!
Skype for Business Mobile App
A huge benefit of Skype for Business Enterprise Voice is the ability to use the Skype for Business mobile app to make and receive calls when you are away from campus or just away from your desk.
- Traveling internationally? Consider using the Skype for Business mobile app to make/receive phone calls from campus; instead of being charged international phone rates for each call, you'll be charged as if you made the phone calls from your desk phone.
- You can also send/receive instant messages when you are away from your desk. Need to ask someone in your office a quick question while you're in a meeting? Try sending them an instant message via Skype for Business instead of an email!
NOTE: The Skype for Business mobile app works best with a good Wi-Fi connection. If you choose to use your mobile device's cellular data with Skype for Business, be aware of how much data usage that your data plan allows to avoid being charged for overages. You may also find that the video portion of Skype for Business does not work on a cellular data connection. If you are using a campus-issued device and traveling (especially internationally), contact email@example.com to explore your options.
Need More Help?
Contact the IT Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 657-278-7777 for additional assistance.
For assistance with Enterprise Voice, including finding out if you are eligible, please contact email@example.com.
For additional resources view the Skype for Business Help and Resources article.
Created by: LAC