Download & Install GlobalProtect (the VPN Agent)
This article will show you how to download and install the campus VPN agent.
For more information on the campus Virtual Private Network (VPN), view the document VPN Overview.
Before you begin:
If you do not currently have VPN privileges, go to http://www.fullerton.edu/it/services/software/ and select VPN. On this site you will fill out and submit the Software Request Form to request VPN access.
- You will need to install and authenticate the Duo Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) tool. View more information on Duo.
- Ensure ALL security and software updates are not older than 7 days. The GlobalProtect Client performs a Health Check to ensure the security of your system when accessing the campus VPN.
GlobalProtect calls health checks Host Information Profiles (HIP). After the user installs the client, it runs an initial health check on the system and then keeps track of the systems health. When a user connects to campus, the client supplies the HIP status to the GlobalProtect Gateway. The HIP status is then used by firewall polices to allow or deny access to resources.
|Supported Operating Systems (Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Chrome)||must be up to date
|Antivirus||must be installed, running, up to date
|Anti-Spyware - (i.e. Windows Defender provides an anti-spyware)||must be installed, running, up to date|
|Firewall||must be enabled|
|Patches||must be up to date|
|Patch Management||must be enabled (on devices that have the ability)|
A complete list of the supported operating systems can be found at VPN Overview - GlobalProtect Supported Operating Systems.
Download the GlobalProtect VPN Client
Download Windows 32 bit GlobalProtect agent
Download Windows 64 bit GlobalProtect agent
Download Mac 32/64 bit GlobalProtect agent
Download Linux GlobalProtect agent
- iOS client from iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/globalprotect/id1400555706?mt=8
- Android client from Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.paloaltonetworks.globalprotect&hl=en_US
1. Press the "Windows" icon + the "Pause" or "Pause Break" buttons simultaneously on the keyboard to access the System properties window.
Or on your Windows 10 machine, right-click on the folder This PC > Computer > My Computer > then select Properties.
2. Under "System", check the "System type" for the bit version of your machine.
The GlobalProtect VPN client is currently supported and available for download for the following:
Install the GlobalProtect Setup Wizard.
This installation is performed on a Windows 10 - 64 bit computer.
1. After double-clicking on the GlobalProtect agent, click Next.
2. Click Next to maintain the default folder.
3. Click Next to confirm the installation.
After you Install the GlobalProtect VPN agent:
See the instructions Run & Authenticate to the Campus VPN to:
- Run the GlobalProtect VPN agent on your local system (workstation or device), then
- Authenticate on the campus VPN network using DUO 2-Factor Authentication
For this purpose of this document we will define local system and remote system as the following:
- a local system is typically a system (computer) controlling the connection.
- i.e. your personal (home) workstation, mobile device, or browser can have the GlobalProtect VPN agent installed on it
- a remote system is typically a system (computer) being accessed.
- i.e. your office workstation or campus resources are items that can be accessed through the GlobalProtect VPN agent
4. Congratulations, the GlobalProtect VPN agent has been installed, click Close.
Need More Help?
Contact the IT Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 657-278-7777.