Adding a Tablet to Your Duo Account
Duo is the two-factor authentication (2FA) service CSUF is using to secure login attempts to various campus services and applications. This article describes the steps needed to add a tablet to your Duo account; this will allow you to use the tablet to authenticate with Duo.
1. Install the Duo Mobile app on your iPad or Android tablet from either the Apple Store or Google Play. You will come back to this in step 9 below
2. Visit https://duoauth.fullerton.edu. When adding an initial device you will need to be at your desk to answer your extension
Open up a web browser and go to https://duoauth.fullerton.edu,
3. Enter your username and password and click sign in
4. Click on Add a new device
5. Click on Call me. You will receive a call on your office phone from Duo. Press 1 to continue
6. Select Tablet.
7. Select the type of tablet you are adding. In this example we are using an iOS device
Also note that you can just as easily add an iPod Touch
8. Click on I have Duo Mobile installed
9. Open the Duo Mobile app on your iPad
At first launch the Duo Mobile app will ask for permission to send you Notifications; tap Allow. After tapping Add Account, Duo Mobile will ask for permission to access your camera; tap Allow.
10. Duo Mobile is now activated. Please be sure your preferred device is selected as the default device. Click Save, now click on Continue to Login
11. If you selected “Automatically send this device a Duo Push”, check your device now. Otherwise you will be presented with the following options below.
12. On your iPad tap Approve
13. When you see this screen you are done. You can sign out now.
Need More Help?
Contact the IT Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 657-278-7777