Setting Up Your Mitel Clearspan Communicator on PC or Mac
This article covers how to set up your Mitel Clearspan Communicator softphone in order to make/receive phone calls for your campus extension on a PC or Mac computer.
Before You Get Started
Before you can use Mitel Communicator, you will need to do the following:
Downloading and Installing the Mitel Clearspan Communicator
Choose the type of computer you are using.
1. Click on the Mitel Clearspan Communicator download link below.
2. Go to your downloads folder and double click on the installer file to start the installation.
3. The installation wizard starts. Click Next.
4. Scroll down to read the license agreement. Then click I Agree.
5. Choose your install options and then click Next.
6. Click Next to install in the default location.
It is recommended that you do not change the installation location.
7. It may take a few minutes for the installation to finish. Once it is complete, click Next.
8. Click Finish.
Logging In to the Mitel Clearspan Communicator
1. Open the Communicator app on your computer.
2. Did you get an error indicating Communicator cannot be opened?
2.1. Click Show in Finder.
2.2. Command + Click on Communicator and choose Open.
2.3. Click Open.
3. On a Mac computer, you will see the End User License Agreement. Scroll down to read it and then click I Agree.
4. Enter the Server Address below and your email address. Then click Continue.
- Server Address: https://myphone.fullerton.edu
- Enterprise Email: your campus email address
5. Enter your myphone.fullerton.edu username and password. Then click Sign In.
This username and password is different from the username and password you use to log in to the campus portal!
Don't remember your username or password? Contact the IT Help Desk at [email protected] or 657-278-7777.
- Username: [your 10 digit campus phone number]@fullerton.edu (e.g., [email protected])
- Password: your myphone.fullerton.edu password provided by Telecom when you requested access to Communicator.
- Be sure to check Remember password to sign in more easily.
6. For PC, choose if you want to make Communicator the default calling application on your computer.
7. For PC, choose if you want to connect Communicator to the Outlook desktop application.
You must have the Outlook desktop application installed on your computer for this option to work.