Setting Up Your Clearspan Engage WebEx Client on Mac
This article covers how to set up your Clearspan Engage WebEx softphone in order to make/receive phone calls for your campus extension on a Mac computer.
Before You Get Started
Before you can use Clearspan Engage, you will need to do the following:
We are currently transitioning from Clearspan Communicator to Clearspan Engage WebEx. If you fill out the Clearspan Communicator request form, you will get a Clearspan Engage WebEx softphone.
If you already submitted a request for a Clearspan Communicator softphone, you do not need to submit a request again.
Downloading and Installing Clearspan Engage WebEx Client
1. Open a web browser to the WebEx downloads website.
2. Click on the appropriate Mac download link for your laptop/computer.
Most campus-issued rollout laptops are macOS (Intel chip).
3. Go to your downloads folder and double click on the Webex installer file to start the installation.
4. Drag the Webex icon to the Applications icon to install Webex.
5. It may take a minute to install the app.
Logging In to Clearspan Engage WebEx Client
1. Open the Webex app.
2. Click Open.
3. Scroll down to read the end user license agreement. Then click Agree.
4. Enter your Clearspan email address and then click Next.
This email address is different from your campus email address!
Don't remember your Clearspan email address or password? Contact the IT Help Desk at [email protected] or 657-278-7777.
- Enter your Clearspan email address: [your 10 digit campus phone number]@fullerton.edu (e.g., [email protected])
- Then click Next.
5. Enter your Clearspan password. Then click Submit.
This password is different from your campus portal password!
- Enter your Clearspan password. Your Clearspan password was provided by Telecom when you requested access to Clearspan Engage.
- Click Submit.