Create an Asset (Network Equipment) Instructions
Network Components within the Cardholder Data Environment
This guide includes all devices within the CDE and any network components that are used to provide segmentation. Network device examples that should be listed include: Firewalls, WAFs, Routers, Switches, IDS/IPS, Load Balancers, Wireless Controllers and Wireless Access Points.
1. On the top right hand corner of your screen, click on the Create New drop- down and select Asset.
2. Select the Company that your asset is from.
3. For the model, select "Hardware--Network Equipment."
4. For Type of CHD, if there is access to CHD, classify what CHD it is.
5. For Scoping Category, select and scroll down to see what category your network controls.
Note: For each category, there is a description of what it stores / controls.
6. For IP Address, enter in the IP address of your network equipment,
7. Under the drop - down for Area, select the department that the network is from.
8. For Contact, enter the name and email address of the employee(s) that is the main contact for this network.
9. For Make/Version, list the full device make and the current version information of your network.
10. For Access to CHD, select "yes", "no", or "indirect"
11. For Network Zone, list where this network is used for (ex: Shared Services).
12. For Network/VLAN Name, enter in the name of VLAN and IP Range.
13. For Business Purpose, enter what is the function of this network device.
14. For Internal or External (DMZ), it is used to indicate whether or not this network sits in an DMZ or is directly exposed to the Internet.
15. For Controlling Domain, is which domain is used to control authentication.
Note: If authentication is controlled locally use "Local".
16. For Status, select what is the current condition if your network, either "Active", "In Use", or "Archived".
17. For Checkout to, select a "user", "asset" or "location".
18. For Asset Name, enter in what is the name of your network alias (network device name).
Note: If you Checkout to a physical location, include where the facilities asset resides. If the location has not been used previously, you will have to select new and create a new location for your asset.
If you have any more categories you would like to include, please do so before saving your asset. To save, select the Save button on the right hand corner of your SnipeIT window screen.