Create an Asset (Data Repositories) Instructions
Data Repository Guide
Go to the Fullerton SnipeIT home page website by accessing this link:
1. On the top right hand corner of your screen, click on the Create New drop- down and select Asset.
2. Select the Company that your asset is from.
3. For the model, select "Software--Data Repository".
4. Under the drop - down for Area, select the department that the data respository is from.
5. For Make/Version, list the full OS make and the current version information of your data respository.
6. For Scoping Category, select and scroll down to see what category your data respository controls.
Note: For each category, there is a description of what it stores / controls.
7. For Type of CHD Handled, if there is access to CHD, classify what CHD it is.
Note: List all types of cardholder data the application stores, transmits, or processes.
8. For Access to CHD, select "Yes","No", or "Indirect".
9. For Network Zone, list where this data repository is used for.
10. For Network/VLAN Name, enter in the name of VLAN and IP Range.
11. For Applications with Access to Data Repository, enter what applications have access to use this asset.
12. For Network Locations of Applications, enter where the network is located.
13. For authentication, enter in how is the authentication controlled.
14. For Encryption Algorithm and KeyLength, enter the algorithm for this data repository.
15. For How is Access to Data Logged, enter this asset's data is logged (Ex: Application - Level Data Update Logging, It is the log, etc)
16. For DUO installed, this data repository, select "Yes", if DUO is not installed in this data repository, select "No".
17. For Contact, enter the name and email address of the employee(s) that is the main contact for this data repository.
18. For Status, select what is the current condition if your data repository, either "Active", "In Use", or "Archived".
19. For Checkout to, select a "User", "Asset" or "Location".
Note: If you Checkout to a physical location, include where the facilities asset resides. If the location has not been used previously, you will have to select new and create a new location for your asset.
20. For Asset Name, enter in what is the name of your data repository.
If you have any more categories you would like to include, please do so before saving your asset. To save, select the Save button on the right hand corner of your SnipeIT window screen.