Create an Asset (Device Listing) Instructions
Device Listing Instructions for SnipeIT
This guide provides instructions for devices that process and transmits cardholder data.
Go to the Fullerton SnipeIT home page website by accessing this link:
1. On the top right hand corner of your screen, click on the Create New drop- down and select Asset.
2. Select the Company that your asset is from.
3. For the Model, select "Hardware -- POS Devices/Terminal".
4. Under the drop - down for Area, select the department that the device listing is from.
5. For Installed Date, enter in the date in which your devise listing was installed (Ex: what year it was installed).
6. For Installed By, enter in who installed your devise listing.
7. For PA-DSS Validated, select "Yes" if your device listing is validated or "No" if it is not validated.
8. For P2PE Validated, select "Yes" if your device listing is validated or "No" if it is not validated.
8. For PA-DSS Expiration Date, enter in the expiry date of your device listing (if applicable).
9. For Business Purpose, enter in what is the purpose or function of your device listing.
10. For Contact, enter the name and email address of the employee(s) that is the main contact for this device listing.
11. For Status, select what is the current condition of your server, either "Active", "In Use", or "Archived".
12. For Checkout to, select a "User", "Asset" or "Location".
Note: If you Checkout to a physical location, include where the device listing asset resides. If the location has not been used previously, you will have to select new and create a new location for your asset.
13. For Asset Name, enter in what is the name of your device listing.
If you have any more categories you would like to include, please do so before saving your asset. To save, select the Save button on the right hand corner of your SnipeIT window screen.