Create an Asset (Service Provider) Instructions
Service Provider Asset Components Instructions for SnipeIT
This guide provides instructions to be used to identify all service providers that supports the CDE or receive cardholder data.
Go to the Fullerton SnipeIT home page website by accessing this link:
1. On the top right hand corner of your screen, click on the Create New drop- down and select Asset.
2. Select the Company that your service provider is from.
3. For the model, select "Software-- Service Provider".
4. Under the drop - down for Area, select the department that the service provider is from.
5. For Business Purpose, enter what is the function of your service provider.
6. For Connection Type, enter how is the connectivity to the SP provided.
7. For Cardholder Data Received or Accessed, enter what type of Cardholder Data does the entity have access to.
8. For PA-DSS Validated, select "Yes" of it is validates or "No" if it is not validated.
9. For PCI Listing, enter the listing of your service provider.
10. For PA-DSS Expiration Date, enter in the expiry date of your service provider (if applicable).
11. For Contact, enter the name and email address of the employee(s) that is the main contact for this service provider.
12. For Status, select what is the current condition if your service provider, either "Active", "In Use", or "Archived".
13. For Checkout to, select a "user", "asset" or "location".
Note: If you Checkout to a physical location, include where the facilities asset resides. If the location has not been used previously, you will have to select new and create a new location for your asset.
14. For Asset Name, enter in what is the name of your service provider.
If you have any more categories you would like to include, please do so before saving your asset. To save, select the Save button on the right hand corner of your SnipeIT window screen.