Create an Asset (People) Instructions
Inserting Employees & Administrators into SnipeIT
Go to the Fullerton SnipeIT home page website by accessing this link:
1. On the top right hand corner of your screen, click on the Create New drop- down and select Asset.
2. Select the Company that your asset is from.
3. For the Model, select "People--People".
4. For CWID, enter in the CWID for the employee or administrator you are inserting.
5. For Scoping Category, select and scroll down to see what category the employee or administrator controls.
Note: For each category, there is a description of what it stores / controls.
6. Under the drop - down for Area, select the department that the employee or administrator is from.
7. For Network/VLAN Name, enter in the name of VLAN and IP Range.
8. For Type of Access, select what is the role of the employee or administrator that you are inserting.
9. For Status, select what is the current condition of your employee or administrator of either "Active", "In Use", or "Archived".
10. For Checkout to, select a "User", "Asset" or "Location".
Note: If you Checkout to a physical location, include where the employee or administrator resides. If the location has not been used previously, you will have to select new and create a new location for your asset.
11. For Asset Name, enter in the name of the employee or administrator that you are inserting.
12. If you have any more categories you would like to include, please do so before saving your asset. To save, select the Save button on the right hand corner of your SnipeIT window screen.