Front Desk Common Issues, Questions, Concerns
- Verify with Advising Coordinator or A.C.T. Team Lead that student submitted official transcripts with Fall/Spring (all past terms as applicable) grades posted from all previous institutions.
- If the student has submitted all required official transcripts, have student email name, CWID and issue to email@example.com to ask them to clear the hold.
- Remind student to complete online orientation by following instructions in campus email.
- Remind student to set up an appointment with their major advisor.
- Best way to find major advisor is to google “[insert major] advising CSUF”
- Advising / Advisement Holds need to be cleared following the instructions in the “details” of the hold on the student center or on the advising page for the major/department.
- Prerequisite errors can only be cleared by emailing the Department Chair for the course the student is having trouble registering in. You can google search the department chair for any department and give the email to the student.
- Have the student email the following to the department chair for an add permit to be placed: Name, CWID, Term, Course and Section Number (i.e. PYSC 101 -50) and most recent PDF of TDA.
- *NOTE: Courses that fall under the College of Business and Economics are a little different. The student can complete a permit request form and send it to the email on the form. You can find the course specific form by googling “CSUF permit” and the major/subject of the course.
- If the CVFW approval letter is on file (in VRC drop box in “2021-2022 Cal Vet Fee waivers” folder): remind student to pay campus-based fees after they have been posted.
- If letter is not on file: provide guidance for applying (see CVFW reference document in Front Desk Resources folder in VRC drop box) and/or remind student to turn letter in to firstname.lastname@example.org along with their CWID. Remind about campus-based fees not covered by the waiver.
- NOTE: We have had a common question about summer/winter balances. Please remind students that the CVFW does not cover summer/winter except for the B.S. Nursing and the graduate programs on the approved list.(List located in Drop Box “CalVet fee waiver summer sessions”)
- NOTE: If approved for the CVFW after they had already paid their tuition, Student Business Services will issue the refund (Tuition only, campus based fees are not covered with CVFW) once we receive the approval letter and the Advising Coordinator has been notified.
- If the student is certified (See “Certifications by Term - Fall 2021 PRESENT” in VRC Dropbox): verify they have the “No Enrollment Cancellation” hold on their account (found on Advisee Student Center on student portal) and remind student they can disregard the balance notifications while we wait on the VA to pay.
- If student is not certified: remind student to submit a certification request through student portal ('How to' guide available on VRC website) and verify if the hold is on the students account.
- If no enrollment cancellation hold is not on account, please notify Sean (email@example.com) to have him place the necessary holds on the students account.
- If the student is certified (See “Certifications by Term - Fall 2021 PRESENT” in VRC Dropbox): Remind the student that the VA does not pay tuition or fees to the school. They will receive their monthly stipend based on their Rate of Pursuit (number of enrolled units for the given semester.
- Students using Chapter 35 DEA may also use Cal Vet Fee waiver (Plan B) in conjunction. Provide guidance for applying if they believe they are eligible (see CVFW reference document in Front Desk Resources folder in VRC drop box).
- Financial aid question (important, but not emergency): refer to firstname.lastname@example.org. If no response from financial aid, have student email Sean, and he will contact Financial Aid.
- Financial aid question (emergency): have them email financial aid still, but also have them reach out to Sean, if comfortable, to let him know about their financial need(s).
- If the student is facing housing other financial issues that is out of their control and would like guidance/assistance, refer student to an available professional staff member (Cameron, Sean, Alex, Rosalina, Pattie).
- If student is certified (See “Certifications by Term - Fall 2021 PRESENT” in VRC Dropbox) and authorization is good to go (see VRE tab on Master List in dropbox), have them contact Sean for any issues.
- If authorization is missing, notify student to contact their counselor to send an authorization to the school. Notify Sean via email.
- Degree Audit / Academic Plan or other documentation
- Refer to major advisor for units/plan information (if Sean is out of office)
- Use Sean’s contact information for the Certifying Official portion of the document.
- Provide Tungsten PO below:
Tuition, Fees, and Parking Permit
Vendor: CSUF Student Financial Services
Tax ID/Vendor Code: 330632102
Facility Code: 11509205
Books and Supplies
Vendor: CSU Fullerton Auxiliary Services
Tax ID/Vendor Code: 952081258
Facility Code: 11509205