Canceling a Requisition
This article covers how Requesters and Approvers can cancel a purchase requisition in CFS.
Once a Buyer is assigned to an approved purchase requisition (typically one business day after the requisition is approved in CFS), please contact the Buyer before canceling the requisition in CFS.
1. Log in to CFS from Titan Online on the campus portal.
2. Click on the CFS End User navigation tile.
If you have added Add/Update Requisitions as a navigation tile to your personal CFS homepage, you can just click on the tile on your homepage. You can view instructions on adding a navigation tile for more information.
- Click on the CFS End User tile.
- Or you click on the NavBar icon to navigate to NavBar > Navigator > Purchasing > Requisitions > Add/Update Requisitions.
3. Select Requisition & Purchase Order and then click Add/Update Requisitions.
4. Click Find an Existing Value.
5. Enter search criteria and then click Search.
It's recommended that you enter your name in the Requester Name field so only your requisitions appear in the search results.
6. Choose the requisition you want to cancel from the search results.
If the Requisition Status is Approved, only the Approver who approved the requisition can cancel the requisition.
The most recent purchase requisition will appear at the top of the list.
8. Click Yes to confirm you want to cancel the requisition.
It may take a minute for the system to cancel the requisition after you click Yes as there are many tables that need to be updated.
9. Click OK once the cancellation is complete.
Did you know that you can copy a canceled requisition? View the article on copying an existing requisition for more information.
The requisition is now canceled. It will not show up on the Find an Existing Value search, but you are able to view it using Document Status or on the Requisitions Report on the Purchasing dashboard in Data Warehouse/OBIEE.
Need More Help?
Technical issue with CFS? Contact the IT Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 657-278-7777.
Questions about how to do something in CFS? Contact IT Training at email@example.com or 657-278-5647.