Choosing Credit/No Credit Option for Grades
This article contains information on how CSUF students can choose a credit/no credit (C/NC) option for their grades in the Student Center.
Prefer to watch a video tutorial? View Choosing Credit/No Credit Option for Grades video.
NOTE that students will not see their grades in the usual location in their Student Center until after June 1st. For now, students need to use the instructions below to access the page showing their grades.
Check Before You Choose - Read This First
For the spring 2020 term, students can choose either their final letter grade or the Credit/No Credit (CR/NC) equivalent grade.
Before you choose, you need to be aware of a number of consequences; some may or may not be beneficial to you. Choosing CR/NC grades can have numerous effects, based on your student status (veteran, financial aid recipient, academic probation, repeating a course to improve a prior grade, student-athletes, pre-licensure or credential programs, post-baccalaureate programs to prepare for a professional school, etc.)
BEFORE YOU PROCEED
- Have you thoroughly read the Student FAQs?
- Have you reached out to your advisor or various offices (Veterans Resource Center, Financial Aid, Academic Advisement Center, EOP Office, etc.) if you have more questions after reading the FAQs?
Summary of process
- Faculty will provide a letter grade as your final grade in the class.
- You will be able to view the letter grade for each of your courses on a new CR/NC page in your Student Center in Titan Online from May 22nd to June 1st.
- You will be able to select CR/NC or keep the letter grade for each of your courses individually.
- You can change all of your selections up to the cutoff date on June 1st.
- If you make no selections, you will automatically receive the letter grade.
- All grades will be final on June 1st at 11:59 p.m.
1. Log in to your Student Center on Titan Online.
2. Click Select Credit/No Credit in the Academics section.
3. Review the information on this screen and place a checkmark next to each section to acknowledge the potential impact. Then click Save Acknowledgment.
- Review each section and place a checkmark to acknowledge you have read and understand it.
- Then click Save Acknowledgement.
4. Your acknowledgment is saved. You will see this each time you visit this page, but you only need to save your acknowledgment once.
5. Review your Spring 2020 letter grades and decide for each individual class if you want to switch to Credit or No Credit.
In red, you will see whether your grade will be changed to Credit or No Credit based on the letter grade you received.
- For this example class, the student has received a letter grade of A, but the student can switch to a CR (Credit) grade.
- For this example class, the student has received a letter grade of C-, but the student can switch to a CR (Credit) grade.
- For this example class, the student has received a letter grade of C+, but the student can switch to a CR (Credit) grade.
- For this example class, the student has received a letter grade of D+, but the student can switch to a NC (No Credit) grade.
5.1. You will not be able to change the grading option if the course is already graded as Credit/No Credit or if the instructor has not yet submitted grades.
- In this example class, the course is already graded as Credit/No Credit and cannot be changed.
- In this example class, the instructor has not yet submitted grades.
6. If you choose to switch to Credit/No Credit, click Yes to confirm your choice.
You will need to click Yes for each class that you switch to Credit/No Credit.
7. Review your changes (if any). Then click Save Selection. You're done!
You can return to this page to make changes until June 1st, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. After that, all grades become final.
Need More Help?
Contact the Student IT Help Desk at [email protected] or 657-278-8888.
For additional academic guidance