Adding a Calendar Event Checklist
This article contains a checklist for users to follow to add a calendar event.
1.1. Log in to 25Live.
1.2. Click on the Event Wizard tab.
2.1. Enter the basic event information. Then click Next.
- Event Name = 40 characters
- Event Title for Published Calendars = 120 characters
- Event Type = Calendar - Announcements
- Sponsoring Organization for this Event = department, club, or campus organization who is putting on the event
2.2. Enter the Event Description. Then click Next.
Remember that for accessibility:
- URLs should be hyperlinked as text rather than written out (e.g., CSUF website rather than www.fullerton.edu.)
- Alt text is also required for your images (80 characters max) (e.g., CSUF Logo)
Need more help with accessibility? View 508 Tips for Content Editors.
Images should not be more than 600-1000px wide and 800px tall for them to display correctly on the campus calendar.
2.3. Choose if this is a repeating event or not.
A non-repeating event is one that happens on a single day during a single timeframe (e.g., Monday June 17th from 9 am - 2 pm). All other events should be entered as repeating.
2.4. Enter the event date and time details. Then click Next.
- Event Start and Event End: the date of the event or, for repeating events, this will be the first occurrence of the event.
- The event begins and ends on the same day: check this box if the event is on ONE day.
- Time: enter start and end time of the event.
2.5. Select the resource (calendar) where you want to add this event. Then click Next.
To avoid your event showing up multiple times on the campus calendar, do NOT choose more than one resource (calendar) for your event. If you need an event to show up on multiple calendars, please contact 25Live@fullerton.edu to ensure the calendars are set up to avoid the event showing up twice.
2.6. Review the details of your event. Select either Draft or Confirmed as the Event State. Then click Save.
- Draft: choose Draft as the Event State if you are not ready to publish the event on the calendar.
- Confirmed: Choose Confirmed as the Event State if you are ready to publish the event on the calendar.
2.7. If you saved your event as Confirmed, the event will show up on the calendar within 15-20 minutes. You're done!
3.1. Log in to 25Live and locate the event that you want to publish and click on it to open it.
There are several places where you can look up an event in 25Live:
- Search Events box in the Quick Search
- Your Starred Event Searches
- Your Event Drafts
- Recently Viewed and Your Starred Events
- Events tab
3.2. Click on the Event State and select Confirmed.
- At the top right of the Details tab, click on Draft in the Event State field.
- Select Confirmed.
3.3. The Event State is now Confirmed.
3.4. The event should show up automatically on the selected calendar within about 15-20 minutes. You're done!
Need More Help?
Please contact the IT Help Desk at email@example.com or 657-278-7777 for additional assistance with 25Live.