25Live Express: Adding a Calendar Event
This article covers how to add a calendar event to campus calendars using the 25Live Express dashboard.
Don't have access to add events? Email 25Live@fullerton.edu with the calendar(s) you need to be able to access.
1. Log in to 25Live.
2. Click Create an Event.
3. Enter the Event Name and Event Title for Published Calendars.
- Enter the Event Name. You are limited to 40 characters for this field.
- Enter the Event Title for Published Calendars. This is the name that people will see on the calendar. You are limited to 120 characters for this field.
- Scroll down to continue entering information or use the event information on the left to jump to a field.
4. Enter the Event Type and Sponsoring Organization for this Event.
- Select Calendar - Announcements as the Event Type.
- Enter a search term in the Sponsoring Organization for this Event drop-down menu to find the appropriate organization for the event. Any starred organizations should appear at the top of the list after you enter search criteria.
If you do not see the correct sponsoring organization in your drop-down menu, email 25Live@fullerton.edu.
5. Enter the Event Description.
Note that in 25Live Express you cannot add images to your event description, but you can add hyperlinks.
Need more help with accessibility? View 508 Tips for Content Editors.
Your event description should contain all of the essential information that people need to know about your event including the time, location, ticket information, and details about the event. All of the information that you include in the description will be searchable on the calendar.
It is highly recommended that you use the default font type and size and only use bold and/or italics to emphasize content. This ensures that your content is accessible and appears cleanly on the campus calendar website.
You can add a hyperlink to a webpage on your website if you would like to have a more colorful/creative advertisement for the event.
5.1. You may want to add a return before the content of your Event Description to improve the way the details appear on the campus calendar.
- You may want to add a return before the content of your Event Description to improve the way the details appear on the campus calendar.
- This example shows no return before the Event Description when Show Details is selected.
- This example shows a return before the Event Description when Show Details is selected.
6. Enter the event date and time details.
For multi-day events, 25Live considers the event ongoing between the start and end dates. For example, if your event starts on Friday at 8 pm and ends at 1 pm on Sunday, 25Live will mark the event as continuous from 8 pm on Friday through 1 pm on Sunday.
If your event is multi-day but only at specific times on each day (e.g., 9 am - 2 pm on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday), then you should enter the event as a repeating event rather than a multi-day event for clarity.
- Select the Event Start and Event End date. For repeating events, this will be the first occurrence of the event.
- Use the checkbox to indicate if this is a multi-day event.
- Enter the start and end time for the event.
- Check the Event Duration to ensure that you have correctly input the date(s) and times for the event.
7. Choose if your event repeats or not. The Occurrence List will update to show all occurrences of your event if it repeats.
If your event takes place over the course of several days, you may want to add it as a repeating event. For example, if your event occurs on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9 am - 2 pm, you may want to add it as a repeating event.
You can add Comments to an occurrence that apply just to that occurrence. For example, if parking arrangements will be different on one occurrence, you can add that to the Comments.
8. Select the resource (calendar) where you want to add this event.
To avoid your event showing up multiple times on the campus calendar, do NOT choose more than one resource (calendar) for your event. If you need an event to show up on multiple calendars, please contact 25Live@fullerton.edu to ensure the calendars are set up to avoid the event showing up twice.
- Click Search for Resources to search for a calendar; click on a calendar to add it as a resource.
- If you have starred calendars, they will appear at the top of the drop-down list.
- After you select a calendar, it will appear under Resources along with the list of occurrences for your event.
9. Optionally, you can specify a Scheduler and Requestor for the event.
The Scheduler is the person entering the event information.
The Requestor is the contact person for questions about the event.
10. Review the details of your event. Select either Tentative or Confirmed as the Event State. Then click Save.
- Review the details of your event on the left.
- Choose Tentative as the Event State if you are not ready to publish the event on the calendar.
- Choose Confirmed as the Event State if you are ready to publish the event on the calendar.
- Click Save.
11. You will see a confirmation that the event was saved.
12. If you saved your event as Confirmed, the event will show up on the calendar within 15-20 minutes.
You may need to use the calendar on the right to select the day of the event so you can see your event on the calendar.
If your event does not show up after 30 minutes, please email 25Live@fullerton.edu for assistance.
13. If you saved your event as Tentative, you will need to return to 25Live and change the Event State to Confirmed to publish it to the calendar.
Need More Help?
Please contact the IT Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 657-278-7777 for additional assistance with 25Live.