Reporting Time Worked
This article covers how hourly/intermittent employees and faculty working on a Faculty Additional Employment Work Break appointment report the hours they worked.
This timesheet is only to report hours worked. Some hourly/intermittent employees also need to report absences using the Report Absences feature. Check with your department timekeeper or Payroll if you are not sure if you also have to report absences.
It is highly recommended that employees enter their time worked on a daily basis in order to keep the timesheet up to date.
1. Log in to your portal, access Titan Online, and select Time Reporting in Employee Self Service.
View Accessing Your Timesheet for more details about accessing Time Reporting.
In the Timesheet header, there are the following fields:
- Your Name
- Your Campus-Wide ID (also referred to as Empl ID or Employee ID)
- Your Job Classification Title
- Your Employee Record Number for this position
By default your timesheet will show a “Week” view for the current week.
1. To change your timesheet view, make a selection from the View By drop-down menu.
Choose from one of the following options:
- Day: view/enter your time reported for a specific day
- Time Period: view/enter your time reported for a specific pay period
- Week: view/enter your time reported for a specific week
2. Enter the start date for your selection or click on the calendar icon to select a date.
- Enter the start date for your selection or click on the calendar icon to select a date.
- Choose a start date from the calendar view.
3. Click Refresh.
4. You are now viewing your timesheet for the specified date/date range.
Setting a default view for your timesheet allows you to automatically view your timesheet by day, week, or pay period.
1. Select Timesheet Preferences on Titan Online from the My Absence & Time Management menu in the Employee Self Service section.
2. Select a Default Timesheet Display from the drop-down menu.
Select a Default Timesheet Display from the drop-down menu.
- Day: timesheet will default to view a single day at a time.
- Week: timesheet will default to view a week at a time.
- Time Reporting Period: timesheet will default to view a pay period at a time.
3. Optionally, you can also choose a default Start Day of Week.
4. Then click Save. You're done!
When you access your timesheet in the future, the default view will be the one you selected.
Entering Time Worked
1. Type in the number of hours worked in the column for a specific date.
You can enter time worked for multiple days in the same row.
2. Select the appropriate Time Reporting Code from the drop-down menu.
You may need to scroll to the right in order to see the Time Reporting Code menu, especially if you are viewing your timesheet by Time Period.
Depending on your position, you may see different Time Reporting Codes.
Most hourly/intermittent employees will choose REG - Regular Hours Worked.
Faculty reporting time worked for a Faculty Additional Employment Work Break contract should choose FACSM - Faculty Summer.
If you have other types of reported time, consult your department timekeeper or Payroll for assistance in selecting the correct Time Reporting Code.
3. Review your entry for accuracy and then click Submit.
You should not need to modify the Taskgroup unless instructed by your department timekeeper or Payroll.
Clicking Submit does not finalize your timesheet. You can return to the timesheet to make additional entries until the pay period closes which is typically 5 calendar days after the start of the next month (e.g., the January pay period is closed as of February 5th).
After a pay period is closed, you will need to submit an adjustment form to Payroll which is available on the HRDI Forms webpage.
3.1. A warning message will appear if you enter time worked on a campus holiday. Click OK to continue or click Cancel to correct the entry.
If you enter time on a day that is scheduled as a holiday, you will see a warning message.
Click OK to continue (i.e., you did work on the holiday) or click Cancel to correct the entry.
4. Your submission is successful. Click OK.
5. The time you reported now appears in the Reported Time Status section.
6. Optional: Click the comment icon to add a comment for the entry.
6.1. Type your comment. Then click Save.
- Type your comment in the Comment field.
- Then click Save.
You cannot delete a comment once you have entered it, but you can add an additional comment by returning to this page and clicking on the plus sign icon at the far right of the row.
6.2. Click OK to save the comment.
6.3. Click Submit to save your changes.
- The comment icon changes to indicate there is a comment associated with the entry.
- Click Submit to save your changes.
Need More Help?
For training and how-to assistance, contact IT Training at 657-278-5647 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For technical assistance, contact the IT Help Desk at 657-278-7777 or email@example.com.