Create an Asset (Workstations) Instructions
This guide includes how to insert assets for workstations,laptops, and terminals into SnipeIT.
Go to the Fullerton SnipeIT home page website by accessing this link:
1. On the top right hand corner of your screen, click on the Create New drop- down and select Asset.
2. Select the Company that your asset is from.
3. For the model, select "Hardware--Workstation".
4. For Business Purpose, enter what is the function of your server.
5. For Scoping Category, select and scroll down to see what category your server controls.
Note: For each category, there is a description of what it stores / controls. The PCI DSS categorizes system components as being either in or out of the scope of assessment. Every system component within the university computing environment can be categorized.
6. For Access to CHD, select "yes","no", or "indirect".
7. For Type of CHD, if there is access to CHD, classify what CHD it is.
8. Under the drop - down for Area, select the department that the workstation is from.
9. For IP Address, enter in the IP address of your workstation.
8. For Contact, enter the name and email address of the employee(s) that is the main contact for this workstation.
9. For Make/Version, list the full OS make and the current version information of your workstation.
10. For Network Zone, list where this
11. For Network/VLAN Name, enter in the name of VLAN and IP Range.
12. For Internal or External (DMZ), it is used to indicate whether or not this workstation sits in an DMZ or is directly exposed to the Internet.
13. For Controlling Domain, is which domain is used to control authentication.
Note: If authentication is controlled locally use "Local".
14. For Virtual Machine, select "Yes" if the server (OS) is a virtualized instance or "No" if it is a stand-alone workstation.
17. For Status, select what is the current condition if your workstation, either "Active","In Use", or "Archived".
18. For Asset Name, enter in what is the name of your workstation alias.
19. For Checkout to, select a "user","asset" or "location".
Note: If you Checkout to a physical location, include where the facilities asset resides. If the location has not been used previously, you will have to select new and create a new location for your asset.
If you have any more categories you would like to include, please do so before saving your asset. To save, select the Save button on the right hand corner of your SnipeIT window screen.