Enabling Microphone for Recording
These instructions cover how to enable a microphone, if you need to record from a Remote Desktop Connection.
Table of Contents
Remote Desktop to Work Computer
1. At the bottom left of your computer screen, click on the Windows flag icon.
2. Type in the Search bar: Remote Desktop Connection.
3. Type in your computer name in the Computer field.
4. Click on Show Options.
Note: You may need to add '.AD.FULLERTON.EDU' at the end of your computer name.
5. Click on Local Resources tab.
6. Under Remote audio click on Settings.
7. Under Remote audio playback, click on Play on this computer.
8. Under Remote audio recording, click on Record from this computer. Then click the OK button.
9. Click Connect.
10. This will then prompt your log in credentials.
Changing playback device
1. If you are unable to hear the audio after recording, you may need to change your playback device on the laptop.
2. Confirm that Speakers/Headphones (Realtek Audio) is selected.