Throughout the Evaluation Process, your review committees will share copies of their performance evaluation statements based on their assessment of your submitted materials.
As of the 2020-2021 academic year, this process of your review committees sharing material and you, the faculty member responding responding is conducted entirely through the Interfolio Retention, Promotion, and Tenure platform (Interfolio for short).
As a CSUF faculty member you have the right to submit a written rebuttal statement to and/or request a meeting to regarding these statements using the form provided by the FAR office.
- The written rebuttal statement should ALWAYS be addressed to the next review committee that will receive your materials
- It should be professional and cordial
- You are given 10 calendar days, after the receipt of copies of the performance evaluation statements, to submit your rebuttal if you choose
Even if you decide not to submit a written rebuttal statement or request a meeting, you must still complete the form provided by the FAR office and submit it in response to the material shared by your review committees.
The form will inform your review committees of your decision about whether or not you wish to rebut or request a meeting, as well as contain your potential rebuttal statement.
Receipt of the Shared Documents
Your review committees will be sharing copies of their performance evaluation statements with you through the Interfolio platform.
When this occurs you will receive an email that looks like the screenshot below. When you receive this email click the “View files” button to see the shared documents.
Log Into Interfolio to View Shared Docs
After logging in, go to the review packet on your Interfolio home screen that is labeled as "open for response" and open it. Then go to the "Shared Committee Files" tab in the opened packet.
Read and Respond to the Shared Documents
Breakdown of the "Shared Committee Files" screen
There are several actions you can perform on the Shared Committee Files screen such as:
- Download a copy of the shared document to your personal document storage
- Download a copy of the shared document to your Dossier account
- Send your response to the shared document
- Open the shared document by clicking the hyperlinked document title to read its contents
If more than one document is shared with you, you can perform the download actions listed above on all documents as a group rather than just individually by clicking the "Actions" button.
Reading a shared document
To open a shared document click on the hyperlinked document title. Be aware of which documents are open for response and when those responses are due.
The Viewing Files screen is where you can read your documents, in addition to reading your documents there are other details and functions that are available on this screen as well.
At the top you can:
- See your response due date
- The ability to send your response is also present on this screen
- Search the PDF
- Return to the list of your "Shared Committee Files" by clicking the "Committee Files" button
At the bottom you can:
- Expand the Viewing Files screen into full screen mode
- Zoom out to make the document smaller
- Zoom in, to make the document bigger
- Flip through pages of a document
Submitting the Response
As of right now only a single document can be uploaded through Interfolio by the faculty member under review as a response to a shared piece of documentation.
If you do decide to submit a written rebuttal statement, make sure to condense it into a single document. There is no page limit for a written rebuttal statement, so the single document uploaded as your response can be however many pages it needs to be to make your argument.
Once you upload a response and click "Send" at the end of the submission process the rebuttal period closes. No other response can be submitted through Interfolio and documentation submitted outside of Interfolio will not be accepted.
To Submit a Response:
Click the arrows ">" next to the numbers to expand the sections and see the screenshots
This is the "Shared Committee Files" tab after the "Send" button has been pressed. The ability to submit a response goes away and a copy of your rebuttal response is available for you to read.
You are done. Great job!