As a repeat Interfolio user, in addition to the methods for uploading documentation to review packets that new users have, Interfolio provides you with several more tools to accelerate uploading your required evaluation materials.
In Interfolio these tools are listed as:
Packets in particular is useful to repeat Interfolio users because it allows you to pull materials that you have already submitted in previous evaluations into a new review packet.
After you open your assigned review packet from either the "Home" or "Your Packets" screen in Interfolio it will default into "Overview Mode".
There are several functions available while in "Overview Mode", which might be helpful when you are starting a new review, such as:
- The ability to View the Packet Instructions
- The ability to Preview the packet before submission
*Most Importantly, the ability to put your packet in "Edit" mode to start adding materials
- This can be done by clicking either "packet" or "edit"
Materials can only be added to sections within an Active Review Packet when the packet is in "Edit" Mode
As you have been working did you notice a difference between the circles in the review packet sections displayed above?
A completely green circle means that the minimum number of required documents has been uploaded to this review packet section
A half-green, half-gray circle means that either nothing has been uploaded to this section or the minimum number of required documents has not been met
Refresher: Breakdown of a Review Packet Section in Edit mode
In edit mode each review packet section will have several details included in it, such as:
- What kind of documentation is required
- The minimum number of documents
- 1 required = only one document is required to be uploaded
- 1+ required = at minimum one document is required to be uploaded, but more can be
- there is no number limit on how many documents can be uploaded to a section with a 1+ required designation.
- Instructions with a more detailed description of what is required and useful links where possible.
- The Add Button - to start adding documents
- The Preview button - this button allows you to see your documents the way your evaluators would and check for mistakes/ formatting issues
- The Submit button - this button should only be pushed when you are done uploading
Adding Material to a Review Packet Section
Once you have put your active review packet into "Edit" mode it is time to start uploading your materials for evaluation.
Document Types that are accepted by the Interfolio platform:
- .doc (Microsoft Word Doc)
- .docx (Microsoft Word Doc)
- .xls (Microsoft Excel workbook)
- .xlsx (Microsoft Excel workbook)
- .ppt (Microsoft PowerPoint)
- .pptx (Microsoft PowerPoint)
- .txt (text file)
- .pdf (Adobe PDF)
Tips for making uploading your documents easier
- Have all your documents downloaded, stored, and organized BEFORE you start uploading
- Upload documents in small batches
Uploading in small batched is particularly useful for SOQ data, so if files need to be rearranged they are in a manageable load
- Upload your documents to your active Interfolio Review packet(s) well in advance of the submission deadline.
- The Interfolio platform has an automatic save function built-in
Documents larger than 100MB will not upload to Interfolio, make sure your documents are optimized for size or split them into smaller documents.
Documents are uploaded into the Interfolio platform by order of File SIZE, NOT File NAME.
- The smallest documents will be uploaded first and the largest last
MP3 and MP4 files are NOT supported by the Interfolio Platform
- Video files can be submitted for evaluation, but they must be uploaded as web links to videos hosted on YouTube or Vimeo
Interfolio Tool: All Materials
This Interfolio tool is the default option under "Choose Existing" in the dialog box that pops when you start adding documents. It contains all previously submitted materials arranged by document title in Alpha-Numeric order.
This can be a large number of documents, depending on how many times you have submitted your materials through the Interfolio platform. Thankfully this tool also gives you the capability to search and filter your previously submitted documents to find the one(s) that you need.
This tool is best utilized when you are looking for something specific, but can't remember when or if you submitted it in a previous review
3. Select "All Materials"
The list of available documents make take some time to load, especially if you have submitted a lot in the past
4. To select document(s) click the checkbox next to the title(s)
To deselect, un-click the checkbox, or click Cancel
Clicking the checkbox next to the word "All" will upload everything you have ever submitted through Interfolio into the one section you are working in.
"All Materials" has a search box available to help look for specific materials that need to go in a particular section in your active review packet.
In the example below, the user is looking for grade related material to put in the "Graded Class Lists" section, and the search term "Grade" produced a smaller list of possible documents.
To change search terms:
- either delete and re-enter a term in the search box
- click the "x" next to the Keywords and enter a new term in the search box
- Click "Clear All" and enter a new term in the search box
"All Materials" also has a filter capability to help narrow down the previously submitted documentation that potentially needs to be added to the active review packet.
With the filter you have three ways to narrow down your search results, and you can use all three at once or any combination thereof.
- Type - if you have used a similar naming convention for your documents, type will search for anything with any corresponding characters in the document title
2. Tags - tags can be added to documents in Dossier. This filter will search for any documents to which you have given a specific tag. Nothing else will pop up
3. Dates - this filter searches all documentation uploaded or submitted within a certain date range
Interfolio Tool: Packets
This Interfolio tool is another option under "Choose Existing" in the dialog box that pops when you start adding documents. It allows you to go through your previously submitted review packets and select material to add to an active review packet.
This tool is the most useful for repeat Interfolio users, because it allows you to pull everything you submitted most recently for evaluation without having to search through old hard drives or remember where you put something in your personal document storage.
2. Select the "Choose Existing" option
Remember you are going to default to "All Materials"
3. Select "Packets"
Your list of previous reviews will be a lot shorter than what is displayed in the screenshot.
4. Select Previous Review that you want to pull material from
If you open the wrong review, click "Select a different review" to go back to the previous menu
5. To select document(s) click the checkbox next to the title(s)
To deselect, un-click the checkbox, or click Cancel
Clicking the checkbox next to the word "All documents in this review into a single PDF" will upload everything you submitted for that previous review into the one section you are working in as one large PDF.