How Do I Check for Holds on My Account?
This article covers how CSUF students can check their account for holds, also referred to as service indicators.
Please note that some holds/service indicators are informative and others require you to complete an action. In some cases, you must complete the action in order to register for classes. Be sure to read the details about each hold to determine what action, if any, you need to take.
1. Log in to the campus portal and access the Student Homepage in Titan Online.
3. The name of the hold appears in the Hold column. The department that placed the hold appears in the Department column. Click on a hold to view more details about it.
- Hold shows the name of the hold/service indicator.
- Department shows the name of the department who placed the hold.
4. Read the hold details carefully to identify any actions you may need to take.
This particular hold is preventing registration, so the student needs to contact the Office of the Registrar to find out what is needed to remove the hold.
This particular hold/service indicator is just informative. The student can now register for a General Education math course, but they are not required to enroll in a math course immediately.
Need More Help?
Questions about holds?
You must contact the department that placed the hold for more information, including how to get the hold removed.
Questions about registration/registering for classes?
Contact the Registration & Records Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 657-278-7601. Or visit the Registration & Records Office in LH-114.
Technical issues in accessing Student Homepage or your campus portal account?
Contact the Student IT Help Desk at StudentITHelpDesk@fullerton.edu or 657-278-8888.