VMware vSphere Client (techs only)
These instruction are for CSUF campus techs with the proper access.
These instructions will show you how to download, install and configure VMware vSphere client, a virtual machine (vm).
The VMware vSphere client is a console for your virtual machine (vm) and allows the user to perform the functions listed below:
- Power ON,
- Power OFF
- Create snapshots,
- Delete snapshots
Download VMware vSphere Client
1. Go to https://vmhmgmt03.fullerton.edu.
Click Continue to this website (not recommended).
NOTE: If vm is on Development (Dev) network go to https://vmhmgmt02.fullerton.edu and follow same steps. Development networks will use IP 137.151.120.xxx.
2. Click Download vSphere Client.
Click Run to start installation.
Install VMware vSphere Client
3. Select Setup Language then click OK.
4. Installation Wizard Opens.
Click Next to continue.
5. Click Next.
6. Select "I agree to the terms in the license agreement”.
7. Click Next.
8. Click Install.
9. Installation will take a few minutes.
10. Click Finish.
Open VMware vSphere Client
11. Open VMware vSphere Client application.
Click Start > All Programs > VMware > VMware vSphere Client.
12. Login to VMware vSphere Client.
1. Type your information to login:
- IP Address/ Name: vmhmgmt03
- User name: (i.e. titomartinez)
- Password: (i.e. password)
2. Click Login.
NOTE: If vm is on Development (Dev) network, type IP Address/ Name as: vmhmgmt02
12.1. Login to the Virtual Machine.
- Select Virtual Machine (VM).
- Select the Console tab.
- Login to the virtual machine.
Proceed to work on your virtual machine. If further assistance is needed, review the links under Need More Help.
Need More Help?
Snapshot Best Practices
Understanding virtual machine snapshots: http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=1015180