Students: What happens to my Dropbox for Business account when I graduate?
This article covers the Dropbox for Business "offboarding" process for CSUF students in which students can convert their Dropbox for Business account to a regular Dropbox account after they have graduated from CSUF.
1. After graduating, you will receive an email with instructions.
Nine months after you graduate from CSUF, you will receive an email with instructions on your options for continuing your Dropbox for Business account as a regular Dropbox account.
NOTE: This email contains a link to obtain a personalized discount code for 30% off of Dropbox Pro. Please follow the instructions below to convert your Dropbox for Business account to a regular Dropbox account FIRST and then you can obtain your code.
2. Go to dropbox.com and click Sign In.
- Open your browser to http://www.dropbox.com.
- Click Sign In.
3. Click Forgot your password?
4. Enter your student email address and click Submit.
5. You'll see a notification that an email has been sent to your account.
6. Locate the Dropbox password recovery email and click Reset password.
- Log in to your campus student Gmail account and locate the email from Dropbox with the subject Dropbox password recovery.
- Click the Reset password button in the email.
7. Enter a new password twice. Then click Submit.
8. You're in! You can now use your student email address and the new password to access your account.
You can now log in to your Dropbox account with your CSUF student email address and the new password you just created.
NOTE: If your Dropbox account is larger than 2GB, you will have read-only access to some of your files. In order to edit them, you will need to download them to a computer or upgrade your Dropbox account to get more storage space.
9. If you would like to upgrade to Dropbox Pro, visit the CSUF Student Dropbox webpage and click Get Promo Code.
- To obtain a personalized discount code for 30% off Dropbox Pro, visit the CSUF Student Dropbox webpage.
- Click Get Promo Code in the Dropbox Pro Promotional Offer section.
9.1. Enter your campus student username and password. Then click Sign In.
9.2. Click Redeem Dropbox Pro Offer.
9.3. If you are not currently signed in to your Dropbox account, click Sign In.
9.4. Enter your student email address and the password that you created in step 7. Then click Sign in.
9.5. Enter your payment information and follow the rest of the prompts to activate Dropbox Pro.
Follow the instructions on the screen to enter your payment information and complete the upgrade to Dropbox Pro. The 30% discount should be automatically applied.
You're all set!