Students: Changing the Email Account Associated with Your Dropbox
This guide shows you the steps to changing the email address associated with your personal Dropbox account. One reason you may be changing your email account is because your current personal Dropbox account is tied to an @csu.fullerton.edu email address and you want to sign up for a CSUF Dropbox for Business account without converting your personal account.
NOTE: This process may take 10-15 minutes.
1. Log in to your personal Dropbox account at www.dropbox.com.
NOTE: you can also use this process to change the email associated with your personal Dropbox if you currently use a non-CSUF email account such as @gmail, @yahoo or @hotmail.
2. Click on your avatar (profile picture or initials) at the top right of the page. Then, click Settings.
4. Enter your new email address in both email address fields and enter your personal Dropbox password. Then click Update email.
- Enter your new email address.
- Confirm your email by re-typing it.
- Enter the password for your personal Dropbox account (the same one you used in step 1).
- Click Update email.
5. Dropbox will tell you that they’ve sent a verification email to your updated email address. Click Done and go check the email account of the updated email address for the verification email.
The message will indicate where the verification email is being sent. After clicking done, check that email address for the verification email.
[email protected]) with the subject Please verify your email address. Open it and click on Verify your email.6. You will see an email from Dropbox (
7. You’re done! Now that your email account has been updated, you can continue to sign up for a CSUF Dropbox for Business account by going to the CSUF Dropbox for Business website for Students.
Go to the CSUF Dropbox for Business website for Students and click on Dropbox Setup under Get Started. You can also view more instructions on Creating a New Student Dropbox for Business Account.
Need More Help?
Contact the IT Help Desk at [email protected] or 657-278-8888.
Additional training materials are available at the CSUF Dropbox for Business website for Students.
Dropbox has a help article on how to change the email address on your Dropbox account.