What is the Compliance Audit?
The Compliance Audit (formerly known as the President's Audit) is an annual evaluation of the campus' completion rates of Chancellor's Office specified compliance training.
The Employee Training Center coordinates the effort to work with the respective course owners to get to a 100% (or as close as possible) completion rate of designated courses.
Typically Audit Courses include:
- Conflict of Interest (COI)
- CSU's Discrimination and Harassment Prevention for Supervisors (SHPS)
- CSU's Discrimination and Harassment Prevention for Non-Supervisors (SHPNS)
A Presidential Audit course is one that we (CSUF) will report results back to the Chancellor's Office for. The Chancellor's Office determines which courses are included in the audit, which may change from year to year.
Best Practices Courses:
- CSU's Sexual Misconduct Prevention Program (Title IX)
- Campus Health & Safety
- Defensive Drivers Training
- Data Security & FERPA
Best Practices Courses are other courses that we include as good measure. We (CSUF) do not report the results of these classes to the Chancellor's Office.
As a course owner, it will be your responsibility to:
- Run the your preferred report for your course(s) at you discretion
- Contact users that have or will expire by December 31 of the current year
- Follow up with non-compliant users
- Work with ETC to resolve any discrepancies and report final results
How you contact users and how often, is up to you. In the past, course owners have taken the various approaches noted below:
- Notifying / working with their Managers / Supervisors
- Notifying / working with the users directly
- Utilizing management meetings
- (NEW) work with the appropriate ETC Division Liaison
The ETC will send out one initial communication (usually in early October) to the campus community. This will help pave the way for Course Owner communication.
Course Owner Communication:
(This applies to both Required and Other courses)
Course owners communicate with non-compliant users at their discretion. They may choose to communicate with Manager or Division instead of individuals directly.
The Employee Training Center will provide reporting options
It will be your (course owner) responsibility to run the reports and edit / disseminate them at your discretion
See How to Run a Presidential Audit Report for more information on reports