What is the Presidential Audit?
In the President's Annual Evaluation, one of the items that they are evaluated on is the completion rate of the specified compliance trainings.
As a result, the Presidential Audit is the Employee Training Center's effort to work with course owners to get to a 100% (or as close as possible) completion rate.
- Conflict of Interest (COI)
- CSU's Discrimination and Harassment Prevention for Supervisors (SHPS)
- CSU's Discrimination and Harassment Prevention for Non-Supervisors (SHPNS)
A Presidential Audit course is one that we (CSUF) will report results back to the Chancellor's Office for. The Chancellor's Office determines which courses are included in the audit, which may change from year to year.
Best Practices Courses:
- CSU's Sexual Misconduct Prevention Program (Title IX)
- Campus Health & Safety
- Defensive Drivers Training
- Data Security & FERPA
Best Practices Courses are other courses that we include as good measure. We (CSUF) do not report the results of these classes to the Chancellor's Office.
As a course owner, it will be your responsibility to:
- Run the Presidential Audit Report for your course(s) at you discretion
- Contact users that have or will expire by December 31, 2020
- Follow up with users
- Work with ETC to resolve any discrepancies and report final results
How you contact users and how often, is up to you. In the past, course owners have taken the various approaches noted below:
- Notifying / working with their Managers / Supervisors
- Notifying / working with the users directly
- Utilizing management meetings
The Employee Training Center (ETC) will communicate with the course owners throughout the Audit and as needed. There will be 3 general meetings scheduled:
- Kick-off (October)
- Check-In (November)
- Audit Closing (December)
Course Owner Communication:
(This applies to both Required and Other courses)
The ETC will send out one initial communication (usually in early October) to the campus community. This will help pave the way for Course Owner communication. is with the course owners to ensure that they are comfortable with the process, running reports, and are familiar with various resources.
The Employee Training Center will provide an initial report setup
It will be your responsibility to run the reports and edit / disseminate them at your discretion
See How to Run a Presidential Audit Report for more information on reports