Sending a Requisition for Approval
This article covers how purchase requisition Requesters can generate a PDF version of their purchase requisition and send it to the appropriate Approver.
1. Log in to CFS from Titan Online on the portal and open the requisition you are ready to send for approval.
2. First, copy the Requisition ID number.
You can copy the Requisition ID by:
- Highlighting it and holding down CTRL + C (or Command + C on a Mac)
- Highlighting it, right-click (or Command + click), and select Copy
- Write down the Requisition ID on a piece of paper
3. Navigate to the CFS Homepage and click the Print Requisition navigation tile.
- You can click on the Home icon to access the CFS Homepage.
- Click on the Print Requisition navigation tile.
- If you do not have the tile set up, you can navigate to NavBar > Navigator > Purchasing > Requisitions > Reports > Print Requisition.
4. First time users should click Add a New Value to create a Run Control ID. Returning users should click Search to find the Run Control ID they have already created.
- First time users should click on Add a New Value and follow the instructions below to create a Run Control ID.
- Returning users who have already created a Run Control ID for sending requisitions for approval should click Search.
- Returning users can then select the Run Control ID that they already created.
4.1. Click Add a New Value.
4.2. Enter the Run Control ID name as Send_For_Approval or SendForApproval. Then click Add.
Make sure there are no spaces in your Run Control ID or you will get an error message when you try to create the PDF.
- Enter a name for your Run Control such as Send_For_Approval or SendForApproval.
- Then click Add.
5. Enter the Business Unit, type or paste the Requisition ID, and select all of the Statuses. Then click Run.
- Enter the Business Unit as FLCMP.
- Type or paste the Requisition ID.
- Click Select All to select all of the statuses.
- Click Run.
6. Change the Type to Email. Then click OK.
Optionally, you can click on Distribution to change the Subject or Message Text (body) of the email that is sent to you, but it's not necessary.
7. You will receive an email with the PDF attached within about 5-10 minutes. Open the PDF and ensure that all of the information is correct.
Didn't get the email? Or did you get an email with no PDF attached? View the Troubleshooting Printing a Requisition article.
8. Forward the email with the PDF attached to the appropriate Approver.
Only Approvers who have been linked to you on a Finance Access Request Form will be able to approve your requisitions.
- Address the email to the appropriate Approver based on: 1) the department ID(s) you used on the purchase requisition, and 2) the Approvers who have been linked to you on the Finance Access Request Form.
- Be sure to include the Requisition ID either in the Subject or the body of the email so the Approver can copy/paste it when approving the requisition.
- In addition to attaching the PDF of the requisition, you may also want to attach the vendor quote or other supporting documentation for the Approver to review.
- In the body of the email, include any details you would like the Approver to know. You may also want to ask them to reply to the email when they have approved the requisition as you will NOT get any notification from CFS when your requisition is approved.
Need More Help?
Technical issue with CFS? Contact the IT Help Desk at email@example.com or 657-278-7777.
Questions about how to do something in CFS? Contact IT Training at firstname.lastname@example.org or 657-278-5647.