Office 365 Email Setup on PC
This article will walk you through the steps to set up your student email on your laptop/desktop using Microsoft Outlook.
Before proceeding with the steps below, you will need to have Microsoft Office 365 installed on your computer. Download and installation instructions can be located here: Installing Microsoft Office 365 on a PC for Students
Please note that Windows 10 Mail is not currently supported due to security concerns.
1. Click the Windows button at the bottom-left of your screen and look for Outlook
2. Click "Accept" to agree to the Microsoft Office License Agreement
3. Enter your CSUF email address and click "Advanced options". Check the "Let me set up my account manually option"
the email should be in this format: [email protected]
4. Select Microsoft Office 365
5. The CSUF Student Authentication age will pop up. Enter your CSUF email address and password and click "Sign In"
6. Click "Yes" to add this account to Windows for easier sign ins. Otherwise, click "Skip for now"
7. Wait for your device to be registered and policy to be applied
8. Click "Done"
9. Un-check the box to "Set up Outlook Mobile on my phone, too" and click OK
10. You're all done. It may take a few minutes for Outlook to download your emails
Need additional help?
Contact the Student IT helpdesk at (657)278-8888 or [email protected]