Setting Up Outlook with Your Office 365 Email on Your iOS Device_ Students
This article covers how students can set up the Outlook app on their Apple iOS device (e.g. iPad, iPhone) with their campus Office 365 email.
Please note that the Mail (iOS) and Gmail (Android) apps are not currently supported as there are security concerns with those apps. You may experience issues with your campus email if you choose to use those apps. For more information, please view this Microsoft community post on Improving Security - Together.
1. Download the Microsoft Outlook app from the Apple App Store.
NOTE: When searching for this app on the Apple App Store, search for "Microsoft Outlook."
2. Tap on the Outlook app.
3. Tap Get Started.
4. Enter your campus email address and then tap Add Account.
- Enter your campus email address (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Tap Add Account.
5. Enter your campus password and then tap Sign In.
- Enter your campus password. This is the same password that you use for the campus portal.
- Then click Sign In.
6. If you'd like to add another email account, tap Add. Otherwise, tap Maybe Later.
7. You may want to tap Turn On to allow notifications from Outlook.
7.1. Tap Allow to allow Outlook to send you notifications.
8. You're done! It may take a few minutes for your emails, calendar items, and tasks to sync.
Once you start seeing your emails appear in the Outlook app, you're all done!
Want to see your Outlook contacts on your device?
1. Tap on the profile picture at the top left of the Outlook app.
2. Tap on the Settings gear icon at the bottom left.
3. Tap on your account under Mail Accounts.
4. Tap the slider next to Save Contacts to save your Outlook contacts to this device.
Please note that if you have personal contacts saved to your Apple device, you will only be able to synchronize your Outlook contacts with ONE device. For example, if you have personal contacts on your iPhone and iPad, you will not be able to synchronize Outlook contacts with both devices.
5. Tap Save to save the contacts to your device.
Depending on your device type, the verbiage may be slightly different.
6. If prompted, tap OK to allow Outlook to access your device contacts.
7. You're done! It may take a few minutes for your contacts to synchronize to your device.
Need More Help?
Contact the Student IT Help Desk at StudentITHelpDesk@fullerton.edu or 657-278-8888.