Office 365 Email Setup on PC
This article will walk you through the steps to set up your student email on your laptop/desktop using either Microsoft Outlook or Windows 10 Mail.
Before proceeding with the steps below, you will need to have Microsoft Office 365 installed on your computer. Download and installation instructions can be located here: Installing Microsoft Office 365 on a PC for Students
Choose which app you want to set up.
1. Click the Windows button at the bottom-left of your screen and look for Outlook
2. Click "Accept" to agree to the Microsoft Office License Agreement
3. Enter your CSUF email address and click "Advanced options". Check the "Let me set up my account manually option"
the email should be in this format: email@example.com
4. Select Microsoft Office 365
5. The CSUF Student Authentication age will pop up. Enter your CSUF email address and password and click "Sign In"
6. Click "Yes" to add this account to Windows for easier sign ins. Otherwise, click "Skip for now"
7. Wait for your device to be registered and policy to be applied
8. Click "Done"
9. Un-check the box to "Set up Outlook Mobile on my phone, too" and click OK
10. You're all done. It may take a few minutes for Outlook to download your emails
1. Click the Windows button at the bottom-left of your screen and look for "Mail"
2. If this is the first time you've opened the Mail app, you’ll see a Welcome page. Select "Add" account to get started.
- If you've used the Mail app before, at the bottom of the left navigation pane, select Settings, and then choose Manage Accounts.
- Select Add account.
3. On the "Add an account" screen, scroll down and click on "Advanced setup"
4. Click on "Exchange ActiveSync"
5. Follow the steps below to configure your account
- Email Address: Enter your CSUF email address (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Password: Enter your CSUF Portal password
- User name: Enter your CSUF email address
- Server: Enter outlook.office365.com
- Check the box for Server requires encrypted (SSL) connection
- Account Name: Enter what name you want to use for your account, can be your name.
- Click on Sign-in
6. Click "Yes" when prompted if you are trying to add, update, or remove your account
7. Click "Done"
Need additional help?
Contact the Student IT helpdesk at (657)278-8888 or StudentITHelpdesk@fullerton.edu